Cooling hunting/hiking pants

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
What is the best pair of pants to keep you cool while hunting? I sweat a ton and get jock itch and want to find the best pants to keep me cool. I took the advice of someone on here and got the lightweight synthetic base layers from Sitka and those worked well during hunting season and I am going to have my wife see some of them into boxers because I didn’t like the Sitka merino boxers but I would still like some pants to hike and maybe hunt early with that help keep you cool. Looking at like the stone glacier dehaviland lite but open to any and all options considerations. Thanks.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Kings Camo ridge pants aren’t too shabby in this department. Camo fire has had them for some good prices lately.

Last edited:

patton-7

FNG
the kuiu attack pants are pretty good. I just wish they made women's pants. Girls hunt too!

Dominic06

FNG
Kuiu tiburons or Kuiu kutanas, which I have the kutanas. I love them and I beat the shit out of them and they have no rips or popped seams anywhere. I would go with kutanas over tiburons just for durability sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brocksw

WKR
Outdoor Research Ferrosi are my go to hiking pants in warm weather
+1

Been a while since I tried the tiburon's so maybe they've changed them, but I thought the OR Ferrosi was far superior to the tiburon for breathability, stretch, and moisture wicking/drying. Ferrosi's are all I wear on hot weather hunts.

Kuiu Tiburon.
+1

they are the best pants for really hot weather, with the material being very light and very breathable, as well as the hip vents, they are my go to for how weather every time.... i didn't care for the shirt though, that material isn't comfortable for me on my upper body, which surprised me because the pants are so comfortable

i will add, going commando is a good solution to some problems inherent hunting in the heat..... that has been my strategy for probably over 20yrs unless i want more warmth, but any underwear are uncomfortable to me period... let em' breath

Vandal 44

WKR
Kuiu Tiburon, these are the best pants for hot, warm weather, along with going cammando. For the top Sitka EWS shirt, for me the best shirt for hot, warm temps. If Sitka made this shirt in solid colors I would own a lot of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTNHUNTER76

Lil-Rokslider
+1

Been a while since I tried the tiburon's so maybe they've changed them, but I thought the OR Ferrosi was far superior to the tiburon for breathability, stretch, and moisture wicking/drying. Ferrosi's are all I wear on hot weather hunts.
+2

Seems like Tiburon is the way to go. Thanks.
x2 i been using the same pair for like 5years in hawaii. i added some leg snaps to the bottom so i can roll them up like the prana zions and dump even more heat. this might sound stupid but in the summer i even carry a pair of lightwieght columbia silver ridge shorts in my pack. if i have a heavy pack out or its really hot and i gotta get back to the truck i just change into them and it makes a huge difference in comfort. kinda depends on the terrain youre in though but if youre on a trail and dont have to do any brush busting might be something to consider.