Coop-doggy-dogg! Wolf down!

Darin Cooper

Elk hunting just got a little better in Idaho!

Put down a gorgeous mature female wolf last weekend in Idaho. I've been hunting my tail off hoping to get my first wolf and Saturday I finally dropped the hammer at 278 yards on my wolf. My heart was thumpin'!!!

attachment.php

This definitely checks off one of my bucket list animals. I have a ton of respect for wolves as a game animal. One of the toughest and rarest trophies there is - in my opinion. As much as I don't like them around and wish they had never been reintroduced, I do find it all a little more palatable now that we can hunt them.

attachment.php

I want to give out a special thanks to a new friend and new Rokslide member Nick Watson n_watson22 - this kid is an animal and I owe him a BIG thanks! I had seen wolves in this spot before and ran into Nick who had spotted them from a couple miles away. We decided to try to tag-team a couple of them. Unfortunately things started breaking down as Nick worked toward a rest that had a little too much brush for a clean shot - a wolf popped up at about 25 yards!! I got Nick's attention, but the wolf busted us. I knew it was now or never so I dropped the hammer on the only one we could see, bedded at 278 yards chewing on an elk antler.

Awesome day! Cool to meet a great guy on the mountain too. Felt kinda guilty since Nick was first in line for the shot, but he was genuinely happy to see a wolf go down. Hope I can help return the favor Nick!

Coop-Dawg!

HellsCanyon

Rokslide Sponsor
Congratulations! I agree that is one of the best trophies you can take in CONUS! what zone were you in??

Mike

Larry Bartlett

Rokslide Sponsor
sweet, dude. huge congrats. We have a lot of wolves in Alaska, but to see a big ID wolf gets me fired up. I'm thankful for the efforts to allow hunting those bad boys. They kill a lot of shiat.

Way to freakin go, Coop.

larry

Craig4791

Awesome! Congrats! You going to mount it? I think I would have to do a full body mount if I get one.