Coop-doggy-dogg! Wolf down!

RUTTIN

WKR
Nice job Coop! I'm glad you clarified you shot it with a rifle, cause I was thinking I know Coop is a dang good bow shot, but that is a long ways to launch an arrow. Ha Ha.....

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Thata Kid, whack and stack those varmits. Good Work Coop.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good news is I already have my 2nd tag and 3 more weeks to hunt! I'll be breaking in the 7mm STW this week and hopefully be hunting with it the weekend after this.

Coop

7mm STW wolf gun?

Coop's going to have 4 tags and just wait for them to line up- get a whole pack that way.

magpie

Banned
Congrats, thats a great looking wolf! Btw did you take and pics of the wolf with the elk antler???

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Congrats, thats a great looking wolf! Btw did you take and pics of the wolf with the elk antler???

I probably should have... it would have been cool to prop the head up with it. I did photograph the antler the next day when I hiked back in to pack out the wolf hide. It snowed a bit overnight so the splinters of antler are difficult to see, but it was lying in the wolf's bed with splinters of horn all over. I spotted the match across the draw, but considering the size and quality of the hide of this wolf I'm going to do a trapper's style hide that you hang on the wall by the nose. If I was doing a full body, it would definitely have been with the antler. I ended up leaving both antlers on the mountain.
attachment.php

Coop

OP
Rent Outdoor Gear

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's a track... this is a day old so it probably melted out and looks a little bigger than actual, but based on the fresh ones I saw there is not enough difference to mention. For a reference to scale... Size L gloves are way to small on me - I have to wear at least XL.

attachment.php

Rockey

FNG
Congrats many times over! We need more of that in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming alike. Although I heard the latest numbers in Montana last week and they said 223 wolves (is that accurate?) so that is fantastic. Keep up the good work so we can preserve the deer, moose, and elk populations in these states.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Coop, I got thinkin'
those poor wolves have eaten themselves outta house & home. Down to just eatin' old antlers now. You did her a favor.