Cooper 92 backcountry suppressor question

Hi. I am in the process of ordering my first suppressor. Anyone mount a thunder beast to a cooper or other similar thin barrel with 1/2” threads? TB does not recommend this and their 1/2” has an aperture for 223 not .30. If anyone has done this, what adapter did you use? Or would you recommend d against it? I would use the same can on my 223 ar so that’s not an issue, but all my rifles seem to have 1/2” threads (Cooper, Weatherby). And if I ever thread my tikka superlite I assume it too would need 1/2. Thanks for any input or advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Bunch of adapters out there. I one like this from silencer central; 1/2 x28 to 5/8x24.

It's on a 25-06 with 24" sporter weight barrel.

Attachments

• PXL_20211024_135430623.jpg
    PXL_20211024_135430623.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 32

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes. Area 419. Great customer service including very quick answers

Gorp2007

WKR
If you're not committed to direct thread, TB will install a CB on a smaller profile barrel. You've just got to send it off to them so they can confirm it seats correctly on the muzzle face.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Call thunderbeast. They are super helpful and you are going to get the best information from the horses mouth. They recommended not using any adapters because you’re stacking tolerance on top of tolerance. They recommend a face amount with pencil barrels. They do it in house for a very reasonable price if you send your barreled action.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
This very common. I was in the same boat when I got my first suppressor...all my rifles had sporter contours. Just get an adapter like the one above.

Once you have the suppressor you will probably seek out barrels with 5/8-24 threads when purchasing new rifles so you can eliminate the adapter. As an example, all Christensen Ridgelines all have a 5/8-24 thread, and they also make a 20 inch version in 308.

jhm2023

WKR
I sold my M92 because I didn't want to hang a can on that long skinny little barrel. Now days I won't buy a gun that doesn't have 5/8x24 threads and a short enough barrel to keep the length under 26" with suppressor attached.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
ryjack70ss
If you're not committed to direct thread, TB will install a CB on a smaller profile barrel. You've just got to send it off to them so they can confirm it seats correctly on the muzzle face.

That sounds reasonable too. I just don’t want to face mount it and make it a pia to take off and on. I don’t want to hunt with it on a backpack trip as the barrel will be forever long, but would like to do some range time.

OP
ryjack70ss
I sold my M92 because I didn't want to hang a can on that long skinny little barrel. Now days I won't buy a gun that doesn't have 5/8x24 threads and a short enough barrel to keep the length under 26" with suppressor attached.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah. I am having some buyers regret. It shoots great but oh well. The can will still be nice to have on other rifles. And I am sure as my kids grow older I will expand the arsenal. But he’ll, even my weatherby accumark 30-378 barrel says the accubrake is 1/2 thread. I guess the fat carbon fiber barrels are the way to go.

Gorp2007

WKR
That sounds reasonable too. I just don’t want to face mount it and make it a pia to take off and on. I don’t want to hunt with it on a backpack trip as the barrel will be forever long, but would like to do some range time.

They only face mount the brake, not the suppressor itself. Suppressor can still go on and off whenever you like, though the brake (or flash hider if you go that route) is semi-permanent.

OP
ryjack70ss
What did you end up doing @ryjack70ss?

Can is still in jail. Certified last week. Needless to say I have not decided. It will work on my ar to start if I haven’t decided in a few months. The takedown 22 will go nicely in the savage rascal FV-SR I have for my son for his 8th birthday this summer!!!