Copper Spur HV 3P Alternatives

I'm looking at picking up the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV 3P tent for some camping/backpacking with my girlfriend who's newer to the outdoors. We're doing the mighty five in May. I want something with a little extra elbow room for comfort and a floor to keep the bugs/critters out. We'll be using this mostly for car camping with one night backcountry. It might make it out hunting in the fall, which is why I'm asking for your opinions.

Is there an alternative that I should also be considering? I appreciate the input! The girlfriend says a floor is required..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
TarpTent Cloudburst, Nemo Dagger 3P. Couple of other options to look at

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That Cloudburst looks like a nice tent. The only issue I personally have is that I can’t use a stove in it. I need a shelter, but i only want to buy one that will do everything. The idea of a tipi style with a stove jack just seems hard to beat. As for a floor, I plan to just use tyvek. It’s cheap and I won’t have to worry about getting holes torn in it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That Cloudburst looks like a nice tent. The only issue I personally have is that I can’t use a stove in it. I need a shelter, but i only want to buy one that will do everything. The idea of a tipi style with a stove jack just seems hard to beat. As for a floor, I plan to just use tyvek. It’s cheap and I won’t have to worry about getting holes torn in it.
There really is no one tent that does everything. You can find a tent that does most things pretty good, but it won't be the best option for everything. I wish it were that easy, heck I think most guys on here wished it were that easy, it would save us all a lot of money.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Cloudburst 3 has been out of stock for months I NEED one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think they wait til they get enough orders for them then sew them up and ship them. I can't complain though, they're sewn in Seattle so it's hard to complain about an American made tent these days. I want one of those and a Scarp. Several of their shelters I would love to try.

Bambistew

WKR
I've had a Copper Spur 3 since they came out 10-11 years ago. Dozens and dozens of hunts later still performs flawlessly here in Alaska, including 15ish sheep hunts. It's perfect for 2 guys, tons of room. The weight to floor space is hard to beat.