Core4 element

2ski

WKR
I get the text and email alerts from camofire on a daily basis, and I see there is always a ton of core4element. Until I signed up for those alerts, I had never heard of C4E. Can anyone give me a short reveiw of their stuff? Is it decent or kind of an "entry-level" product if you will? If its good, I might start paying a little more attention to the alerts on the days C4E comes up.
Thanks

RUTTIN

WKR
I have a few pieces of their clothing and love it. I have never tried Sitka or Kuiu but it is well built. I put it through the ringer from August to November on my hunts and it performed well. The element pants are great, they have built in vents in the thigh that you can unzip and let a little fresh air in when it gets warm. My favorite part about the pants is the knee pads you can take in and out. Check out there site and see for yourself. With the pricing you can get on Camofire it is well worth it if you are looking for hardcore hunting gear.

bbrown

WKR
I have their boxers as well - I like FL more (except for the added length to the legs - why) but they do the job for less money specially if you get them off Camofire

Ozz08

WKR
It's not bad stuff at all. I have a few merino pieces that I like as we'll as their lightweight pants and the element jacket. The pants are great for warm weather. The jacket is better than the Sitka 90% jacket. I felt it blocked wind better breathed better and was more water resistant than the 90%

I have a ton of the stuff, it is great and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends. That said, when compared to sitka the pants are not anywhere as comfortable as my sitka stuff. the material, cut, and fit is much better in the sitka imo. Most of the time I am wearing all C4E stuff but my pants. I really like the lighweight packable rain stuff. I have the downpour sitka coat and the cheap stuff from C4E is as good. Even the pants.

Joe

bandit1

FNG
Agree with all of the positive reviews. The merino boxers are great, at $17/pair they're hard to beat. I also have a couple of their camo merino zip Ts and really like them.
C4E is a great value.

ElkNut1

WKR
I use the Core 4 line as well, good stuff for sure!! My Son & I had a small issue with the pants & they took them right back with no hassles & are taking care of us! I would recommend their line no problem!

ElkNut1

TJ

WKR
I bought the 190 Merino Zip-tee from Camofire and prefer it to my Sitka base layer.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the 190 Merino Zip-tee from Camofire and prefer it to my Sitka base layer.

I just ordered this from camofire for $41, glad to hear it is a good piece.

KMT

WKR
I bought the element and switchback pants this fall. They have exceeded my expectations in quality and durability. I was a little worried buying "cheaper" pants. But although they less expensive than Sitka gear, they are just as high in quality. I will add to my collection this year and see no need to pay twice the price just to wear Sitka or kuiu. I'm not knocking Sitka or kuiu, I just think there are better ways to spend my money.

I bought the element and switchback pants this fall. They have exceeded my expectations in quality and durability. I was a little worried buying "cheaper" pants. But although they less expensive than Sitka gear, they are just as high in quality. I will add to my collection this year and see no need to pay twice the price just to wear Sitka or kuiu. I'm not knocking Sitka or kuiu, I just think there are better ways to spend my money.

have you ever tried the newer (mountain/ascent etc.) pants from sitka? At least on my body type they were way way more comfortable. I also had the crotch break out on my C4E, and a seam unravel near the cuff. They worked, but in my experience the pants are not as good as the other items from C4E.

Joe

KMT

WKR
have you ever tried the newer (mountain/ascent etc.) pants from sitka? At least on my body type they were way way more comfortable. I also had the crotch break out on my C4E, and a seam unravel near the cuff. They worked, but in my experience the pants are not as good as the other items from C4E.

Joe

I tried on the ascent pants at BPS. The fit was good, but not great on me. Thats why I took a flyer on the C4E pants. I got the switchback pants and liked them. Their fit was also good, but not great. I figured if neither brand fit great, I might as well buy the less expensive pant. I didn't try the mountain pant because BPS didnt have it.

the croth hung too low on me with the C4E (i know i know....insert joke here). and the thighs were a bit too tight. the material doesnt stretch like it does on my sitkas so they blew out. I think it is very very body type dependent. cant go wrong with C4E though

Joe