Core4Element Replacement

MtGoat

FNG
I have worn the dickens out of a pair of Core4Element pants.
The ones with the padded knees and suspenders in I believe Mothwing camo.

As they are no longer available and don't seem to be popping up on eBay I need to start looking for a replacement pant for these late season chuckar hunts.

Water proof would be nice (the C4E's were not waterproof, the Browning pants before were).
Durable and padded knees are really appreciated.
A soft faced pant so they work for late season elk hunting would be nice as well.
A "warm" wind proof/resistant pant is important as well as we are often several miles from transportation.
I wear C4E wool long-johns but tootling along a windy ridge in a 20 degree wind for an hour or two warmth is important.

Suggestions as to what pants to look at to replace the C4E's?

Thank you
Pat

hiway_99

FNG
I have a pair of c4e pants I would part with. I think they were called the element pants. There size 34

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
M

MtGoat

FNG
Thank you for the offer but I am a bit larger than that and don't believe no matter how much I work out that I will ever fit into a 34 again. :)

Pat

elkduds

WKR
Core4 became Sylo gear, which is apparently kaput as well. Watch for Sylo on ebay and Camofire, it was made in Mountain Mimicry (mothwing) only.

Chuck44

FNG
I thought Eastmans bought Core4? About the same time they took down that nice "6-critical layers" article since it was great marketing for all their (would be) competition.

Speaking of that article...does anybody have a saved copy of it they would share?

OP
M

MtGoat

FNG
The 6 critical layers article sounds like a great read.
I would like a copy if one is available.

Pat

Chuck44

FNG
The 6 critical layers article sounds like a great read.
I would like a copy if one is available.

Pat
A while back, I was able to find the attached two images doing web searches, but this was by no means the entire article. There was an individual comparison table of all the major hunting clothing manufacturers for each of the 6-layers as well as a summary of the Pros/Cons of each company. Of course the clothing lines have been updated since the article was written but still it is a nice explanation of their approach to layering and what they thought each company did well.

Attachments

• 6 critical layers.jpg
    6 critical layers.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 6th layer.jpg
    6th layer.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 22