Corey Jacobsen/Chuck Norris

Gumbo

WKR
On our MT backpack elk trip this year, my hunting partner and I were continually asking each other "What would Corey Jacobsen do?" I was also envisioning him as the Chuck Norris of the elk world. Anyone else ever have similar thoughts? I see a T-shirt with a stick figure drawing of a guy running full speed through the mountains blowing a call in my mind.

Before I get taken out of context here, I totally respect Corey's contributions to elk hunting, skills, and accomplishments, it was just a way to amuse ourselves on the hunt.

Last edited:

Jbehredt

WKR
That’s too funny. I kept asking my wife “what would Corey jacobsen do?” as well. Was driving her nuts.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When I was a kid, there was the right way, the wrong way, and my dad's way.......with everything. Now these days, there's the right way, the wrong way, and MY way with everything. So it really doesn't matter how Corey or anyone else would do it.......I'm doing it my way, or I'm probably not doing it at all.

But having said that, after seeing some of Corey's videos.......we do have a similar style. But I'd say I'm still more aggressive with regards to elk hunting. Probably because I'm less patient than he is.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kind of the same thing........
Many, many years ago, circa 1980 or so, my buddy and I were backpacked into a remote basin elk hunting. We had elk bugling all night around us and in the morning, they were still there and so close, we could hear them pissing. So here are the two of us in a two man tent trying to "quietly" get out of our sleeping bags, get dressed and get out of the tent. Try that some time.....zippers make one hell of a noise.
Anyway, we are traditional guys then and still are and as I'm pulling the zipper down on the tent, I whisper to my buddy....."I wonder what Larry Jones would do?" He's still one of my heroes.

Randy

TheCougar

WKR
In going to hijack this thread with Corey Jacobsen Chuck Norris jokes...

Corey Jacobsen can make glunking noises without using his hands or a tube.

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Corey Jacobsen doesn't need a bow, the shockwave from his calling obliterates all elk within earshot.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
Corey Jacobsen keeps his bonus points even when he draws his first choice... and he always draws his first choice.