Coronavirus and Mountainhouse Meals

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Or weed out your wife, or mother. Because a virus does differentiate the wheat from the chaff.

There's no doubt that viruses etc are harder on the weak and the sick, we already know that, but that's also nature's way of keeping the herd strong.....so to speak. But there can be some really tough times without viruses and sicknesses as well. We're all going to die of something at some appointed time.......why would a virus be viewed any differently? Heck, the virus might weed me out.......stuff happens.

netman

WKR
I die a little every time I place an order through Midway. Their shipping cost pain far exceeds anything Coronavirus can bring on.
if I ordered MH through Midway that would be a double shot of bionic pain coming and going.

Or weed out your wife, or mother. Because a virus does differentiate the wheat from the chaff.
Exactly what I was thinking. Similar to when someone says "we have too many people in this world, we need another to kill some people off" I respond telling them to be the first to go.

jspradley

WKR
I'm generally fairly well prepped, not a doomsday believer by any means but I live in hurricane country and understand that it doesn't take much to be stuck relying on yourself.

When this thing first started being talked about I made sure my wife and I could easily stay in our home for a few weeks if need be.

Didn't have to pick up much other than an extra 30lb bag of rice and some basic goods.

Glad I didn't wait for the rush!

Azone

WKR
I die a little every time I place an order through Midway. Their shipping cost pain far exceeds anything Coronavirus can bring on.
if I ordered MH through Midway that would be a double shot of bionic pain coming and going.

So your not satisfied with Larry's nitro express shipping model?
I do agree the shipping cost is hard to deal with, after living in a Amazon Prime land.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Exactly what I was thinking. Similar to when someone says "we have too many people in this world, we need another to kill some people off" I respond telling them to be the first to go.

I was willing to give my life for my country to help keep it as the best nation in the world. If I knew that giving it now would preserve my country as the nation it was founded as, I'd jump on that grenade. But unfortunately we have way too many people in this nation that are intentionally trying to bring us to ruin. I'd rather see them go first.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved

Larry says "Thank you for your business."

Every time I have ordered reloading powder I have had to order from them, and they bend me over good with those hazmat charges.

Rob5589

WKR
People are dumb. Your chances of getting the regular old flu are several times greater than getting the corona virus. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10000+ have died from the usual flu viruses so far this flu season vs 9 from Corona. I can tell you that being on the medical field front line, it just isn't that great of a concern.

I think that Corona virus it's marketing move.
The percentage of infected people is not that high.

My wife and I bumped into Larry Potterfield at the Snow City Cafe (Anchorage, AK) a few years ago. When he and his family left after breakfast, the greeter casually said "Thanks for your business!" The whole Potterfield family was grinning as they headed off down the sidewalk.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I just got my shipping confirmation from Mountain House, from an order I placed on 2/24, before they shut down their website.

FredBear86

Lil-Rokslider
Yep lot cheaper alternatives to mtn house. Especially like others have said when you have to figure in double the cost of TP