Coronavirus memes thread ended?

Will_m

WKR
Could possibly be the worst thing that has ever happened on this forum. RIP Meme thread, RIP.

Will_m

WKR
Guess rokslide is WOKE now too

Might as well just keep posting memes here. I enjoyed the thread, even if I didn't agree with some of the memes ideology. I just scrolled past those, though.

What kind of grown ass man gets on the internet, sees a meme (a meme of all things!), gets upset and then ends up having the whole thread pulled??? Silly.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

I was the mod that locked it. For clarity, the reason had nothing to do with mods being offended/triggered or the like, it had become a waste of our time. I would say there was a reported post a day on that thread or the general meme thread. I found most of those memes hilarious and stole a ton for a family meme text thread.

Will_m

WKR
I was the mod that locked it. For clarity, reason had nothing to do with mods being offended/triggered or the like, it had become a waste of our time. I would say there was a reported post a day on that thread or the general meme thread. I found most of those memes hilarious and stole a ton for a family meme text thread.
Dang. Can't blame you. Looks like the tattletales got us again, boys.

Ten Bears

WKR
Can we get the Meme threads back if we as a group come to agreement to not ever report a Meme ?

Some pure gold in those threads...

I feel like Dale and Brennan in Step Brothers asking if we can make bunk beds over here.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
Don’t know how I was somehow involved in the end of the greatest thread in Rokslide history. Hell, I was actually trying to keep the train on the tracks. It had started to derail about a month again with similar posts that got called out for non-memeness. I’m not butt-hurt by @gelton or @geewhiz, or triggered, or whatever, nor was this some kind of passive aggressive political disagreement. I wasn’t offended by the posts or the banter, only annoyed that people kept crossing the line with non-memes on the CoViD meme thread. I even tried to right the ship by throwing in a couple of original memes made for the occasion. I hope we can open the thread back up and carry on. If not, I hang my head in shame for being involved in the thread demise. Sorry guys…

Edit: I didn’t report a damn thing. I don’t even know how to report a thread. I made a couple of memes to make light of folks who don’t seem to understand what a meme thread is for: memes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
All good things must come to an end. It was a great thread but agree that in the last month or so it basically became a thread to post pictures with political statements on it. Then people started responding to them in words and if left unchecked the thread would have become a political bitchfest with a meme or two here and there.

I mean look at this thread. We cant even have a thread asking why a thread got shut down without anyone assuming that it was some political affiliation that got it shutdown.