Coronavirus memes thread ended?

Dude relax….she won’t be home for another couple hours. Additionally, imagine how hard everyone that locked the meme thread is biting their lips on this one. 🤙🏻 Let’s dial back.

260madman

WKR
Over/under on this one getting locked? You gals are swinging the purses. Definitely not swinging as hard as the campfire but swinging away. Let me catch the weaves flying on vertical video. WHIIIRRLLSTAAAARRR!

Fatcamp

WKR
Heck, a person could always get some bandwidth and start a meme forum. High five all day to that, bro.

pjh360

FNG
I too am sad for the loss of the thread.
But on a brighter note, a new season of Alone has started. Anybody want to pick who the winner is going to be and tell us why?

Wellsdw

WKR
Well I guess without the meme thread I will have to go out and shoot my 100 yard 4” group with iron wills.... after my 12 mile 80lb pack hike of course.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'm still confused about this , Alone crap. I know what it is, I just don't understand why anyone watches that crap. You do know it's all contrived, right. Everyone of those so called reality shows are completely scripted. If you were close to the producers, you could possibly get the outcome ahead of time.

0522b7d050da32a5197d133aeb6a385d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
Over/under on this one getting locked? You gals are swinging the purses. Definitely not swinging as hard as the campfire but swinging away. Let me catch the weaves flying on vertical video. WHIIIRRLLSTAAAARRR!
Dude... you killed it with the humor on this one! Had me rollin' with that World Star reference! HA!

Conundrum

FNG
Maybe it was closed because elkguide was just padding his post count. I mean really, would it kill you to put more than one meme per post?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Here’s the best solution where everyone wins. Make general sub forum where anything goes. Karen’s can stay out of it and stick to the long range sub forum where there are never disagreements.
There is Reddit and the Fire for that. The very fact that all the whiners don't just use one of those instead of complaining about how Rokslide keeps house demonstrates that it is not a solution "where everyone wins."

The mods do a thankless job, then they get subjected to the kind of abuse @FairWindz06 dishes out. Less than a month of membership and fewer than 30 posts, but he feels like complaining and calling the mods the gestapo (and calling them liars by default as the reason the thread was locked was stated and he felt the need to contradict that stated reason). It brings up the question, why is he even here? 8 of his 28 posts are on this thread, 4 are on the COVID mems thread, and 7 are WTS posts. That leaves fewer than 10 posts that might actually be geared towards contributing helpful content on the topic of backcountry hunting.

Just for the record, the post I'm referencing:
Lord help us….Wokeness is everywhere. Even here. For me personally…it’s not the loss of the thread that hurts the most, it’s the knowledge that even on a place like Rokslide we can’t escape woke arbitrary rules. It was a thread literally dedicated to injecting some laughter into the grey of the last year…and some folks can’t handle it. Who cares if sometimes people made comments that weren’t memes man. Your a moderator on an online forum…not a Supreme Court justice. Chill out every once in a while and let the good times role. For the record…99% of those memes held intrinsic truth. That’s the real reason the thread is now dead. People hate truth. Maybe we should get together and start something similar to Rokslide…but ya know…without the gestapo.

And the stated reason the thread was locked:
I was the mod that locked it. For clarity, the reason had nothing to do with mods being offended/triggered or the like, it had become a waste of our time. I would say there was a reported post a day on that thread or the general meme thread. I found most of those memes hilarious and stole a ton for a family meme text thread.

Fatcamp

WKR
Here’s the best solution where everyone wins. Make general sub forum where anything goes. Karen’s can stay out of it and stick to the long range sub forum where there are never disagreements.

Reddit, 24HCF, Arfcom, and plenty with even looser standards. Take a look, you might like them.