Coronavirus memes thread ended?

It was a great thread and helpful for staying sane during lockdown. It's a wonder the thread lasted as long as it did.

I don't blame the admins for trying to reclaim some of their time. The fault lies with those who forget Rokslide is dedicated to being family friendly and those who think being offended is a virtue.

Lockdown is over. Get back out there.

Will_m

WKR
It was a great thread and helpful for staying sane during lockdown. It's a wonder the thread lasted as long as it did.

I don't blame the admins for trying to reclaim some of their time. The fault lies with those who forget Rokslide is dedicated to being family friendly and those who think being offended is a virtue.

Lockdown is over. Get back out there.
Well what am I supposed to do at work? Actually work?

The irony is that the only memes that were ever commented on that people couldn't "just keep scrolling past" were the very few liberal ones. Every time one of those popped up, people couldn't help but comment and argue for half a page. (in all fairness they likely were never reported) I'm very conservative and don't even know how to report a post so reserve your anger, it was just an observation that I made in the meme threads that was almost like clockwork.

People were warned over and over and over. I won't blame the moderators or even the people that reported posts, people just couldn't follow simple guidelines. I enjoyed the thread as much as everyone else.

Very disappointed in Rokslide! Same category as Facebook limiting our free speech!
Private enterprise doesn't grant you free speech. If you come into my home or business and start spewing critical race theory to my kid, I'll boot your ass. The first amendment doesn't apply. Rokslide is a business so they have every right to control what is said here. The website would be garbage if they didn't.

CorbLand

WKR
The irony is that the only memes that were ever commented on that people couldn't "just keep scrolling past" were the very few liberal ones. Every time one of those popped up, people couldn't help but comment and argue for half a page. I'm very conservative and don't even know how to report a post so reserve your anger, it was just an observation that I made in the meme threads that was almost like clockwork.

People were warned over and over and over. Can't blame the moderators. I enjoyed the thread as much as everyone else.
That was my observation. It makes me wonder how many of the reported posts were the ones that were reported because people were arguing. I know I reported a couple of those types of posts, not the actual meme itself.

For those that are complaining about being "censored" there's an "X" in the top right hand (left if you are on a MAC). If you press that, it will close everything and you don't have to come back. Its a free country.

USMC-40

WKR
@CorbLand - the same ‘feel free to leave’ mentality exists for someone posting something you don’t like or agree with. I don’t understand why anyone would report a post (barring something crazy involving a minor). We’re adults, we don’t need babysitting…for those few that do require babysitting, we can handle them.

That was my observation. It makes me wonder how many of the reported posts were the ones that were reported because people were arguing. I know I reported a couple of those types of posts, not the actual meme itself.

For those that are complaining about being "censored" there's an "X" in the top right hand (left if you are on a MAC). If you press that, it will close everything and you don't have to come back. Its a free country.

So the guy telling people to leave the forum if you’re being censored…closes out his rhetoric with “Its a free country”. Thanks for coming out dude. Very astute. NOW, if you look at each post…there is a report button. Report me. (That’s the bottom left corner if you are wearing your moms drawers, eating hot Cheetos, and drinking MNT dew code red in her basement.)

CorbLand

WKR
@CorbLand - the same ‘feel free to leave’ mentality exists for someone posting something you don’t like or agree with. I don’t understand why anyone would report a post (barring something crazy involving a minor). We’re adults, we don’t need babysitting…for those few that do require babysitting, we can handle them.
I agree with you but we have hashed this out in many threads and the over whelming response has been that people don't want the political bullshit here.

I can handle a meme, I even laugh at the ones that go against my beliefs but the problem is that some people cant. If you could contain it to a couple threads then fine but it wont stay there. It will spill out to other threads and then the whole place becomes a shit show. Look at 24hourcampfire for a prime example. Then by the time its all said and done, you wont be able to post about your favorite rifle without someone guessing what political statement you are trying to make. Then as word gets out that Rokslide is the place to argue, it invites more people to join just to argue. It really is a lose, lose situation.

I would agree that I wish that instead of closing threads all the time that the mods would just ban repeat offenders and let those that can have a civil discussion have one but its their forum and they get to run it the way they see fit. I only reported the posts that weren't memes and were meant to cause an argument. If that was allowed, the meme thread would have become what this thread has become.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
So the guy telling people to leave the forum if you’re being censored…closes out his rhetoric with “Its a free country”. Thanks for coming out dude. Very astute. NOW, if you look at each post…there is a report button. Report me. (That’s the bottom left corner if you are wearing your moms drawers, eating hot Cheetos, and drinking MNT dew code red in her basement.)
It is a free country. You can leave this private enterprise that gets to determine what you can and cannot do on their forum if you don't agree with their stance. It really is a simple concept.

Seriously, this thread is an exact example of why the meme thread got shutdown. A couple people can have a civil conversation but for everyone that can do that, there are three that cant.

Drenalin

WKR
I for one can appreciate the humor and irony of a bunch of presumably grown men whining publicly about not having memes available to them on this forum while also criticizing other presumably grown men for whining in private that one of those memes hurt their feelers.

I could care less what people are posting, I can scroll past. But I mainly come to Rokslide for stuff other than memes, so if the mods need to lock something up so their time can be better spent on things like their real jobs, families, or content that's actually relevant to the forum I can live with that. Having a few threads locked up here and there is far from the persecution some of you are making it out to be.

It is a free country. You can leave this private enterprise that gets to determine what you can and cannot do on their forum if you don't agree with their stance. It really is a simple concept.

Seriously, this thread is an exact example of why the meme thread got shutdown. A couple people can have a civil conversation but for everyone that can do that, there are three that cant.
What is uncivil about disagreeing in an online forum…what you’re saying and what you’re doing are two completely different ideas. Apparently…disagreeing with you and others is considered uncivil?? You’re correct…it’s Rokslides prerogative 100%…doesn’t make it right. Nice chat.

CorbLand

WKR
What is uncivil about disagreeing in an online forum…what you’re saying and what you’re doing are two completely different ideas. Apparently…disagreeing with you and others is considered uncivil?? You’re correct…it’s Rokslides prerogative 100%…doesn’t make it right. Nice chat.
There is nothing uncivil about disagreeing but when you resort to childish behavior like you did, its really not civil anymore. Literally your first post responding back to me was you saying that "I wear my moms drawers, eat hot Cheetos and drink mountain dew, code red mountain dew." So, you disagree with my stance and resorted to that instantly, but don't worry, its always someone elses fault that something gets shutdown.

By the way, I ******* love hot cheetos.

There is nothing uncivil about disagreeing but when you resort to childish behavior like you did, its really not civil anymore. Literally your first post responding back to me was you saying that "I wear my moms drawers, eat hot Cheetos and drink mountain dew, code read mountain dew." So, you disagree with my stance and resorted to that instantly but don't worry, its always someone elses fault that something gets shutdown.

By the way, I ******* love hot cheetos.
Well…Really…it wasn’t at you. It was a generalization about folks who report things that are trivial…but if the shoe fits. Last comment I swear…Moms making me do the laundry.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Yet here you are. Throwing in your 2 cents.

Calling out Karens makes me a Karen? Last time I checked I wasn't trying to police the forum. Just commenting on why we can't have nice things, but you just keep on yelling at clouds.