Cost effective puffy pants

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think they would fit under some bib overalls like an insulated carhart? I'm wanting something for ice fishing in cold. Like below zero. Also if so, what size? 6' 190lbs. It looks like a medium or med/long?

OP
43.6N

43.6N

FNG
Do you think they would fit under some bib overalls like an insulated carhart? I'm wanting something for ice fishing in cold. Like below zero. Also if so, what size? 6' 190lbs. It looks like a medium or med/long?
I think as long as you have a decent amount of space under your bibs you could get away with it. And if not you could always just put them on over your cover alls. They’ve got plenty of adjustability, and suspender attach points.

Sizing: I’d honestly go for whichever you can find cheaper (L or M-Long).

Maverick1

WKR
They sure do.
Look for US Military Gen iii Level 7 ECWCS Jacket.
Should have asked my question differently….

Do they have a similarly priced jacket? All the ones I’ve seen are significantly higher in price.

Should have asked my question differently….

Do they have a similarly priced jacket? All the ones I’ve seen are significantly higher in price.

They are higher in price but really excellent. I have one, plus the hard shell that goes with it. Fantastic kit. Same thing in US made hunting clothing would cost $300+, I would guess. I bought mine for less than $100. Looks like they have been discovered and the price hiked way up. Saw a few around $99 on quick search (armynavyoutdoors.com). At $150+ I'd be looking at down alternatives.

ericwh

WKR
Was planning on getting these pants, super happy to find out I can easily and effectively dye them brown.