cost, shipping meat via AK Air Cargo or other?

estimated cost via AK Air cargo 600 lbs. @ $704 or $1.17/lb.
View attachment 261919
Did you get signed up to be a known shipper through Alaska Air Cargo or just know someone (ie outfitter) that let you use their known shipper ID?

Also 600# of meat as checked baggage would be some what of a pain to deal with by yourself once you arrived home in Atlanta along with your gear, weapon, and antlers.

Glad it worked out for you.

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
$704 for the meat
$100 for the rack ?
$50-100 for boxes and packaging
$ extra taxi trips, possible extra storage in case of delays, etc

That puts you close to Alaska trophy express with a lot of extra hassle.

OP
mooster

mooster

WKR
Did you get signed up to be a known shipper through Alaska Air Cargo or just know someone (ie outfitter) that let you use their known shipper ID?

Also 600# of meat as checked baggage would be some what of a pain to deal with by yourself once you arrived home in Atlanta along with your gear, weapon, and antlers.

Glad it worked out for you.
I didn’t sign up as a shipper as the cost I heard could be $200 added to $704 cargo costs puts me at $904. I can drop it off in game bags whole for shipping with AK trophy express for $1100. No need to debone, buy fish boxes ($100 total?), find some sketchy place to discard bones and used game bags, and deal with air port check in and pick up. When alternately with AK t exp I meet the truck three weeks later when I’m relaxed and ready. For less than $100 more I’ll take the no stress route.

USMC2602

WKR
I was working through the process to become a known shipper through AlaskaAir Cargo. We have a hub here in KC, so checking it in at Bethel and picking it up here is KC is the easiest route for me. I choked when I called to get the "site verification" (essentially someone comes to my house to verify I live here) and it was $154.

Anyway, when I was having the conversation with them and pushing back a bit on the cost, they asked if I had a business. I have a registered LLC using my home address. So, they recommended I call (877) 815-8254, I gave them my LLC name, address, etc., and she checked the TSA system. It came up in the system, so they cancelled the original application and CID# I'd filed as an individual, and issued me a new number under my LLC. All approved at no additional cost with about a 3 minute phone call.

Just thought I'd pass along if this may work for others.

OP
mooster

mooster

WKR
I was working through the process to become a known shipper through AlaskaAir Cargo. We have a hub here in KC, so checking it in at Bethel and picking it up here is KC is the easiest route for me. I choked when I called to get the "site verification" (essentially someone comes to my house to verify I live here) and it was $154.

Anyway, when I was having the conversation with them and pushing back a bit on the cost, they asked if I had a business. I have a registered LLC using my home address. So, they recommended I call (877) 815-8254, I gave them my LLC name, address, etc., and she checked the TSA system. It came up in the system, so they cancelled the original application and CID# I'd filed as an individual, and issued me a new number under my LLC. All approved at no additional cost with about a 3 minute phone call.

thats good news. I'll have to check to see if we would already be qualified as we have import/export shipments many times a day. perhaps we'd already qualify

Thanks for that number! They approved me under the family business over the phone.