Costco Down Jacket - $30

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Was at Costco yesterday and they have down jackets again. I have one I bought a few years ago (different brand) and use it for summer trips and early season. Nice option when I don't need the bulk of my LPP.

The brand is "Gerry", it has 650 fill and has handwarmer pockets. Can't comment on the warmth / quality of this one but for $30 it might be worth a shot for those looking for a less expensive or lighter option.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Gerry has been making quality down coats for decades. I've had a few Gerry down ski jackets over the years. But I have no idea what their quality is like these days. I have a couple Costco 800-fill jackets from a few years ago that I really like. At the time I had the KUIU Super Down and my wife brought home this clearance "$15 Costco down jacket". I snubbed my nose at it.......I mean my goodness, it's $15......it has to suck. I tried it and liked it so much that I sold my KUIU and bought another brand new Costco one off of Ebay for $30.

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
I run a few older version Costco Gerry down jackets. I even paid $5 for one on clearance. Super happy with them as everyday beater jackets

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
My wife picked one up a couple weeks ago … if I had not already been set on puffies I would consider grabbing one. It seems to be a solid build… and something one could wear and not worry quite so much about if it gets hit with embers or snags on ground debris/ a tree while glassing

jfs82

WKR
Anyone have comparison between this and the EB cirruslite since that's on sale as well?

matthewmt

WKR
I have one from last year Costco special was 20$ 650 fill and it's been solid they have a cool green (olive) in store right now.
I busted the worst blow down thick lodgepole for a half mile or so and expected it to be shredded but it was fine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Skythehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have comparison between this and the EB cirruslite since that's on sale as well?
If it's similar to the past, the Eddie Bauer has a hood and the Gerry does not. The eb is a good puffy for the money

I have a couple of those, great jacket for the money. I bought them figuring they’d be good cheap beaters but they actually have held up very well, are comfortable and look pretty good. For their weight they are warm and layer well under a shell.

TX_Diver

WKR
They just put them on sale for $6 off online. Comes out to ~$28 shipped. Got one to try out since my softshell zipper broke after ~15 years of use.

TX_Diver

WKR
My extra large showed up today. I am 61 180. It is a hair longer than I would like but also a hair tie or in the shoulders and I would like so I’m not going to drop down the side. So far it’s warm changing my oil in the garage. I could see getting another one for stuff like this regularly

matthewmt

WKR
Anyone pick up a olive green in xl maybe a black that won't work that you want to part with? I missed the boat on these locally and online.

JonS

WKR
I believe my location had a stack the other day and I'll probably be heading back tomorrow to get a few things. I'll shoot you a pm and we can chat. Anyone else, feel free to chime in for needs.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I am 6' 175. Large fits me well. Got the olive green for $25. Plan to keep it in my pack as an extra layer.

matthewmt

WKR
I believe my location had a stack the other day and I'll probably be heading back tomorrow to get a few things. I'll shoot you a pm and we can chat. Anyone else, feel free to chime in for needs.
Thanks again Jon!