Costco trekking pole reviews?

Elite

WKR
Wondering if anyone has bought the cascade mountain trekking poles from Costco? My cheap ones broke in half on my sheep scouting trip and my sheep hunt is coming up quick. So I don’t have time to order a known name brand pole. I have found some Cascade carbon fibre on Amazon with a 2 day delivery. Just wondering how these hold up and if they are decent quality ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
The CF Costco ones are best you’ll find for $$. Had mine out a ton. Do great.

A few other threads talk about them being good as well.

Get ‘em and go.

Ucsdryder

WKR
They’re fine especially for the cost. I prefer my wife’s 150 dollar pair of leki but for the cost it’s hard to beat.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Thanks guys, are they the cascade mountain brand then?

JohnB

WKR
They are good for what they are but I've got one handle coming loose and had to replace a section already. All the sudden I noticed one pole was shorter than the other and I'd lost 6 inches off the tip while walking through forest duff. I'm sure is damaged it before in talus but I'm a bit curious how they'd hold up for a sheep hunt.

I've probably put 30-40 days on them, some of which were pretty rough so I'm happy with what I've gotten out of them.

Don’t think twice about, they’re good to go and plenty durable. We’ve been using them for most of our training hikes, mountain hunts, and back country excursions now for the last 5 years or so, and have only broken one pole, but totally my fault. My son even used them to summit Denali a couple months ago.

ce9219a043cf6d7a26a4c3c88eb38e95.jpg

3b6ae0987e661eed7f76c03c4dbceffd.jpg

ljalberta

WKR
They’re great. I have a pair of Black Diamond Carbon Cork that costs 3 times the price that I think are better, but not that much better.

I have broke 3 of the Cascade poles now, but they hold up well enough that I just buy another pair.

woods89

WKR
I have a pair of the carbon Cascade Mtn. Tech. They have seen 3 Co elk hunts, countless local adventures, been in my hands for 90-100 lbs packouts, and held up my tent numerous times. I've long since got my moneys worth out of them, and they're still going strong.

Got a pair in each truck. Like ‘em better than my old Black Diamonds. Good poles for hunting, hiking etc. They were $20/pair on close out at Costco a few years ago. Haven’t seen them this year.

JDMBEND

Lil-Rokslider
Only brand I have used so nothing to compare them to. Like em, no issues.

Rock-o

WKR
I have the Carbon Fiber Cascade Mountain Tech and *I* broke one of them. I'd like to buy another pair but they're made in China which I'm trying to avoid.

I have the Carbon Fiber Cascade Mountain Tech and *I* broke one of them. I'd like to buy another pair but they're made in China which I'm trying to avoid.
I don't blame you one bit, but unfortunately most brands (to the best of my knowledge), are made in China, or somewhere in that part of the world. I think that pretty much all the big name brands (BD, MSR, REI, etc), are made in that part of the world. I think Gossamer Gear poles are made in the US (Texas?), but they're not flick locks. Komperdell's are made in Austria, and Leki’s are made in the Czech Republic, so that's not too bad I guess. It seems like a lot of times they make it pretty difficult to find out exactly where a particular name brand TP is made.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a pair of Leki Corklite poles and these Cascade ones. For $30 they're great. They feel different (grip and general balance) than the Leki's, but they're $30. Buy two pair.

They are decent and the price is right. If you’re looking for on trail use they’re perfect. Off trail use don’t be surprised if something fails on them. I’ve had my $200 black diamond ones for 10 years and when crossing shale fields and burn blowdown piles I’ve been in many situations where they should have broken but haven’t. Buddy was using a Costco carbon pole abs snapped the base off in the same scenario I was in.

I bought a second pair of cheap carbon poles because beyond those hard use situations I think they’re great.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've had a set of them. Pretty good for the price but the noisiest poles I've ever used. Always seemed to have an internal rattle going on. Other than that, they did what trekking poles should do. My REI poles made by Komperdell have been going for 8 years so I haven't been experimenting much outside of them. Ymmv