Cot and pad suggestions

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I recently upgraded to a Kodiak Canvas tent and after setting it up, I realized I have a lot of extra space. I have been sleeping on a sea to summit comfort plus pad for all my camping and it worked, but think a nice cot and pad might be a better option for truck Basecamp this fall in Montana. Does anyone have suggestions for a comfy cot and pad? Also, are cot pads warm enough in cold weather? Thank you!

Brk007

FNG
I’m assuming weight is not a factor, - for my drive in camp setup in GP medium tent, I’ve enjoyed the Cabela’s camp cot and a foam pad, or Exped Mega Mat Lite 12. Stayed plenty warm after the stove burns out. Your gear stored in a plastic tote, fits nicely under the cot.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I’m assuming weight is not a factor, - for my drive in camp setup in GP medium tent, I’ve enjoyed the Cabela’s camp cot and a foam pad, or Exped Mega Mat Lite 12. Stayed plenty warm after the stove burns out. Your gear stored in a plastic tote, fits nicely under the cot.
+1
sam.jpg

frosty_1

FNG
I love my Roll-A-Cot and Exped Mega Mat setup. I have the wide version of the cot and the wide pad as well, super comfy.

OP
W

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, weight is not a factor since the tent weight is like 80 lbs. Just looking for comfort in my Basecamp. I will bring the lightweight stuff if I need to backpack in somewhere, but it will likely not get used based on my current plans.

Thanks for the suggestions.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas Big Outdoorsman XL and either thick foam or Thermarest. My sons both use this style cot in their 10x10 Flexbow with a small table and love it. Very comfy and plenty of room for gear and a Buddy Heater or chinese diesel heater sitting just outside. As stated above, Rubbermaid totes fit under the cots so REALLY helps cut down on clutter.

rayporter

WKR
camprest is one awesome pad.

if you expect single digit temps i would have a closed cell for back up. i have slept on a cot with a thermarest backpacker [ one inch self inflatable] and a closed cell pad at zero and i am a cold sleeper.