COTREX App

Saw this on the news the other day - for you guys in CO or hunting in CO give it a try and maybe we can get an ongoing review of it.

Free to download the app - and you can download offline grids of topo/satellite as well.

I believe (but don't quote me on this) it is supposed to have all of the main trails in the state. If not - it definitely looks like it has a ton of them from my brief browsing.

Looks like you can 'record a trip', 'build a custom route', and 'drop a marker' (haven't tried any of these yet)

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you didn't already know. I might be able to try it this weekend and see how it does as far as the offline maps/tracking/marking points.

cnelk

WKR
Now if the CPW would just start charging a Land Use fee to all the hikers to help supplement the trail maintenance, instead of having the fishing / hunting license sales do it all

Don't forget dirt bikers and snowmobilers that pay registration fees. All users should pay equally! The mountain bikers and hikers have been freeloading for too long.