Cots, again.

So I asked about cots last year for a 2 man tent but ended up with a super thick comfy pad instead.

Now I have a Flex-Bow coming tomorrow and I am agin looking at cots for the wife and myself. I was about to buy the Cabelas cot with the storage thing but I hesitated and now it says not avaulable on line. I found this one that appears to be the same cot. Any one use this? Can you recommend it?

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I bought a couple cots last year to use in my tipi. I don’t have experience with that one, but I did consider the cabelas one your talking about. I ended up going with this:

Only slept on it a few nights last year, but for the price I think it is hard to beat. Very low profile so you can get it closer to the edges of the tent, which was the primary consideration for myself.

35 wide is huge. Unless you 2 are giant look for the cabelas one that 30" wide. I think it was called the guide.
I have a big 35 and if you had 2 of those in a 10x10 you won't have any room.

The 24" are a little narrow.

Id only consider taking the big one if I took my big wall tent.
The 30" wide is really the sweet spot.
It doesn't come with the side pockets but you can buy them separate.

If you don't believe they will be too large.
Set the tent up 1st and use some painters tape to lay out your setup. In a 10x10 you won't really even be able to get in the door.

35" is the sleep surface, 37" the wide of the tension rails.. plus keeping it a few off the wall is 40" out from the side wall.

OP
MuleyFever
35 wide is huge. Unless you 2 are giant look for the cabelas one that 30" wide. I think it was called the guide.
I have a big 35 and if you had 2 of those in a 10x10 you won't have any room.

The 24" are a little narrow.

Id only consider taking the big one if I took my big wall tent.
The 30" wide is really the sweet spot.
It doesn't come with the side pockets but you can buy them separate.

If you don't believe they will be too large.
Set the tent up 1st and use some painters tape to lay out your setup. In a 10x10 you won't really even be able to get in the door.

35" is the sleep surface, 37" the wide of the tension rails.. plus keeping it a few off the wall is 40" out from the side wall.
Exactly the info I needed on size. Thank you.

How long to set up?

We have a handful from Davis Tent and they will last a lifetime, but are somewhat of a PITA to setup.
They are just normal army cots. Fold it out and add the two end poles. The last pole can be a pain until you have slept on it a while, so just make sure you have something to pry it on with. Setup less than 2 minutes

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We have a handful from Davis Tent and they will last a lifetime, but are somewhat of a PITA to setup.
I had five of those Big Boy cots that I sold after getting them as a package deal from a desperate seller on a tent and stove etc........what a pain to set up.

I have two giant cots like 40x86 and another that's more like 35x84, and two more that are "normal" size that the kids have used. They all set up easily and quickly, like less than a minute once they're out of the bag. I've been using these bigger cots for years, they're great......for a wall tent.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I have been very happy with these

I have 4 of them. I slide my pad in when it is cold and sleep as good as a mattress. Made in the USA and are pretty lightweight.

sick_lids

FNG
Disc o bed makes a solid cot, super space saver too. if someone tosses and turns could upset the other person tho in bunk mode.

You know they do make double cots like this one. I can tell y'all probably been married a while since I appear to be the first person to suggest one 🤣

Attachments

• 16300207962375918265864710923781.jpg
    16300207962375918265864710923781.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 65

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
Disc o bed makes a solid cot, super space saver too. if someone tosses and turns could upset the other person tho in bunk mode.

Was thinking of this bunk. Looks great for storage below and on top bunk and a space saver. Is this very firm to lay on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelzilla

FNG
I have a Kelty cot paired with my REI self-inflating sleeping pad. I really like that combo.

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Second the Roll a cot. Bulletproof, easy set up, not crazy bulky to pack. A staple on the river…