Cottontail recipe?

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Still in the process of gathering enough boneless meat but the plan is to make rabbit bratwurst. Seems like it will work really well. Takes a bit of time to gather 10+ pounds of meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Italians know how to cook rabbits. Tuscan style rabbit stew or Rabbit Ragu are insane. You can google the recipes.

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
Hank Shaw mexican grilled rabbit is my favorite. Achiote Paste, salt, juice of lime grapefruit and orange. Grill hot on both sides then cook for 30 min or so off the heat with grill covered.

Roll in seasoned flour, brown in a frying pan, then into the oven till tender. If you use a cast iron pan, brown, then toss pan and all into the oven.

My grandma (nanna) used to cut into front legs, hind legs and saddles and dust them lightly in flour. Then, she sauteed them in bacon fat with a bay leaf and a pinch or two of nutmeg. When done, she removed them from the pan, added a lump of butter and a handful of sliced mushrooms. When the shrooms were done, she added a bit of cream, a shot of cognac, flamed it, mixed it all together and spooned it over the rabbit.

Dessert was always her incredible apple cake with ice cream.