Coues Rifle Hunts From Mid December To Late January.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are there any Coues rifle hunts late season? All I am seeing is archery hunts in December and January in US.

Which will require a lot of points to draw. Probably at least 16 but don’t quite me on that number.
You’re right for mule deer, but not coues deer. The hardest one was guaranteed for NR at 14 last year. Most were guaranteed with single digit points last year and the easiest one took 4.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea-I want to try and do a coues hunt in December but I'm guessing it would likely be in a lower demand area. I'll do some better research-maybe use GoHunt to help. I just got this itch to go after these little deer.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fun hunt. You don’t need to wait until the late season rifle unless you have to due to other hunts/obligations.
My thoughts were I’d like to hunt in late December after our deer season here and my elk hunt in Wyoming. If I could time it right going right after my elk hunt would be cool.

My thoughts were I’d like to hunt in late December after our deer season here and my elk hunt in Wyoming. If I could time it right going right after my elk hunt would be cool.

Put in for the late December hunt. If you're starting at zero points, you ain't going to draw it, but might as well try. Keep trying every year till you draw. You'll probably pull a tag in 4-6 years.