Could use some advice on Colorado backcountry over Memorial Day // snowpack

cnelk

WKR
These are the Rawahs in Northern Colorado - pic taken yesterday.

I went camping for a couple days.
It’s gonna be awhile before the high country is green. 74F2037B-F661-4CF4-9508-7262433D9576.jpeg2796D715-D898-4608-92DD-5F26FF6760B7.jpegD5FE4A5C-9D0B-4E78-9526-53E480D48CD3.jpeg

These are the Rawahs in Northern Colorado - pic taken yesterday.

I went camping for a couple days.
It’s gonna be awhile before the high country is green.

There is some awful good fishing up those snowy chutes in your pictures. I miss that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dos Perros
Hi guys, I got a PM from someone familiar with the area I was looking at, confirmed the road getting anywhere close would be closed. The snowshoes we were borrowing were over in Carbondale anyway, so we went that way. Did a nice loop of the western central part of the state. Spent most of our time in the middle elevation, oak brush pinyon juniper and sagebrush meadows. Saw lots of elk, a few deer, and one giant bear. No calves/fawns spotted. Only picked up one chalky deer shed in 32 miles of hiking, thinking maybe the sheds were at lower elevations than where we usually find them in September. Saw lots of this winter's dead deer parts, legs with fur and such, mostly smaller ones. Had fun, got some exercise, and saw some new country.

wytx

WKR
Glad it worked out for you, getting stuck back on a closed road would have really sucked!
More snow today for us and N Colorado. Gonna be an interesting year for sure.