Counterclockwise bow strings

Did it work out for you?
I didn’t do it. He recommended the right twist that most string makers make because it’s easier to keep it tight.

I did have some Americans beat strings and they were left twist

I always wanted it to get my bareshaft arrows spinning to the right.

OP
A
I didn’t do it. He recommended the right twist that most string makers make because it’s easier to keep it tight.

I did have some Americans beat strings and they were left twist

I always wanted it to get my bareshaft arrows spinning to the right.
That’s what I’m going for too. It just makes me feel better with a right bevel bh

The string twist doesn't have anything to do with shaft rotation in my experience.

I have shot strings with CW and CCW twist. My shafts always spin CCW, not always at the same rate, but I have never personally had a shaft clock right.

OR Archer

WKR
The string twist doesn't have anything to do with shaft rotation in my experience.

I have shot strings with CW and CCW twist. My shafts always spin CCW, not always at the same rate, but I have never personally had a shaft clock right.
This. There’s plenty of videos out there disproving the theory that string twist dictates shaft rotation. Paige Pierce has a video showing her shooting two different shaft/nock combos and each clocked opposite of each other out of the same bow. Just pick a quality string builder and get a well built string.

OP
A

And then there’s others (including string makers) sho says the opposite. Maybe not the strings themselves, but the servings.

And then there’s others (including string makers) sho says the opposite. Maybe not the strings themselves, but the servings.

Ok.

The servings should be same direction as the string.

Go ahead and buy some, ain't my money.

I think it's likely something an individual does. A little different twist of the hand on the release likely sets the arrow in twist.

It's the fletching that is going to control the rotation anyways, I'm not convinced that reversing the rotation isn't better rather than keeping the arrow on the same rotation. I have played with it a bunch, can't tell a bit of a difference with a shooting machine. I think in forgiveness it would be better to have the arrow correct from drag on the back. That will pull it in behind the point weight. Whereas if it's fletched the same as the rotation it isn't producing the same parachute effect. If that makes sense.

I'll bow out, you hadn't asked for anything other than a maker who made backward strings and I just was trying to help you before you went down a wormhole.

OP
A
This. There’s plenty of videos out there disproving the theory that string twist dictates shaft rotation. Paige Pierce has a video showing her shooting two different shaft/nock combos and each clocked opposite of each other out of the same bow. Just pick a quality string builder and get a well built string.
So… back to my original question… who’s a quality string builder who builds a CCW string?

Not sure which direction is which, but from my experience on my Hoyt Helix Ultra:

- Rogue strings = arrow clocked left
- America's Best Bowstrings = arrow clocked right

Multiple different shafts all clocked the same.

Reactions: Zac

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So, when looking at the string, how do you know which are CW and which are CCW? The top of the string twists left and the bottom twists right.