couple blackies on trailcam

Jon Boy

Looks like prime western WA habitat and some nice bucks to boot! I grew up in Roy and did quite a bit of hunting around eatonville.

BigSurArcher

Banned
You sure the 3 pointer isn't a Colombian Whitetail? Yeah the tail is Black, but it definitely looks like a bushier Whitetail tail also. Just curious! That would be cool if it was one.

OP
fillthefreezer

fillthefreezer

You sure the 3 pointer isn't a Colombian Whitetail? Yeah the tail is Black, but it definitely looks like a bushier Whitetail tail also. Just curious! That would be cool if it was one.
the tail did look kinda funny. ive never seen a columbian whitetail nor have i ever heard of one in the area but who knows

Pueblo

That buck is 100% blacktail. The tail is a totally normal blacktail "club"...I see a blacktail every day; saw two on the way to work this AM. We have Columbia whitetail on Columbia River islands and near shore areas. Their tail is much larger, usually has a white fringe and is broad at the top and narrowing towards the bottom.

OP
fillthefreezer

fillthefreezer

i saw hime again las night, he runs with a doe all the time. saw a different forky this am. he was also with a doe.