Courts hit another poacher!

While I feel the fines could always be more, I do enjoy seeing the courts slap these guys.

This is an ongoing prosecution of a commercial outfitter and his clients here in Nebraska.

The short of this one is they guy is getting $50,000 in restitution, $45,000 in fines, loss of some rifles, some suppressors, and 13 mounts. On top of that he has 5 years of probation with no hunting, guiding, or outfitting!

Glad to see this today!

That's a good spanking.

Edit: 4 scoped rifles, 3 suppressors, a compound bow, and a crossbow could add up to a pretty hefty value,

This makes a guy wonder if there is any update to the status of the bowmar charges in relation to the same outfitters?

Last edited:

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
I would REALLY like to start seeing some jail time tacked on to the financial penalties for these types of crimes, but it's still a good start. At least something is being done.

jmez

WKR
That's a good spanking.

Edit: 4 scoped rifles, 3 suppressors, a compound bow, and a crossbow could add up to a pretty hefty value,

This makes a guy wonder if there is any update to the status of the bowmar charges in relation to the same outfitters?

The Wednesday sentencing hearing is part of an ongoing prosecution of numerous defendants related to violations committed by owners, guides, and clients of Hidden Hills Outfitters. To date, 29 defendants have pleaded guilty and have been sentenced and ordered to pay a total of $343,048 in fines and restitution for underlying violations.

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider

While I feel the fines could always be more, I do enjoy seeing the courts slap these guys.

This is an ongoing prosecution of a commercial outfitter and his clients here in Nebraska.

The short of this one is they guy is getting $50,000 in restitution, $45,000 in fines, loss of some rifles, some suppressors, and 13 mounts. On top of that he has 5 years of probation with no hunting, guiding, or outfitting!

Glad to see this today!
If I read that correctly it’s 5 years for each count of 6 so 30 years probation? Is that correct?

Attachments

• EAA7690A-98C6-42AF-B8EE-CF94CF3AA42F.jpeg
    EAA7690A-98C6-42AF-B8EE-CF94CF3AA42F.jpeg
    642.1 KB · Views: 147

BFR

WKR
With the current trend of catch a criminal and release them and let’s release convicted criminals from jail and prisons I don’t foresee any jail time in the future unfortunately.

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
Concurrent means served at the same time. So, no, it’s only 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess I need to go back and study up on my vocabulary words. I’d rather of seen 30 years I guess.

Making Hunting Great Again just posted up 10 pages worth of charges against the Bowmars in relation to this. It seems a lot of them are detailed to the point that the outfitters had to have rolled over on them to get that info..

Last edited:
Making Hunting Great Again just posted up 10 pages worth of charges against the Bowmars in relation to this. It seems a lot of them are detailed to the point that the outfitters has to roll over on them to get that info..
Nah bro,don’t you remember. That stuff is made up, game and Fish just like to watch his wife through the spotting scope.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
word has it that the Bowmar case is moving to trial as they both plead not guilty to all charges. I guess we will see how it goes, but the evidence certainly paints a pretty clear picture of what transpired. Also got word that a couple more people are looking at court dates in October related to lacey act violations. I'm guessing it will be over $1 mil in fines & restitution combined from everyone involved when everything shakes out.

OP
S
Bad news about a trial Vs a plea deal is if you are found guilty, they normally throw the book at you. Good news if you beat it is your just out legal fees.

Will be interested to see how this turns out but the charges did make it seem like it was pretty damning, especially with his wife hunting without a turkey license on some dates. That seems pretty straight forward.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
Bad news about a trial Vs a plea deal is if you are found guilty, they normally throw the book at you. Good news if you beat it is your just out legal fees.

Will be interested to see how this turns out but the charges did make it seem like it was pretty damning, especially with his wife hunting without a turkey license on some dates. That seems pretty straight forward.

It would seem how everything is online these days, they would be able to pin it pretty exact as to when you purchased your license vs when you took a picture of the harvest, or video taped the kill for the almighty youtube. Metadata is a wonderful thing.

dtrkyman

WKR
Seems like a fitting punishment, jail time makes no sense, will just delay the time it takes him to pay fines, for these violations I prefer fines, hopefully game and fish gets most of the money! Also the 5 year hunting ban is great, most states are reciprocal now so no hunting anywhere for the most part!

Ucsdryder

WKR
250k too! Threw the book at them! I’m not really for jail time either. I’d rather see hunting rights banned for life and big fines. No reason to pay to house these scum bags.