Courts hit another poacher!

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
For me, if it was me and I was 100% innocent I would want the court date moved up and my name cleared ASAP. I wouldn't be kicking the can down the road.

Then any half decent attorney - whether paid for or assigned - would do his/her best to convince you otherwise. In my experience, the only time speed is in favor of the defense is when the prosecution doesn’t have their ducks in a row and you want to make sure they don’t have time to do so.

I didnt see any news on this as of today. I guess they have move it back again.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt see any news on this as of today. I guess they have move it back again.
According to court docs the gov't has until the 21st to file responses to a bunch of motions to surpress evidence, and a motion to dismiss a criminal case by the Bowmars. Lot's of moving parts in a case of this magnitude (with so many people involved overall, not just the Bowmars) and I think the gov't is making sure to cross all T's and dot all i's so the charges stick.

neb34

Lil-Rokslider
https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/content/articles/deer-news/bowmar-attorney-demands-case-dismissal

Wow. This is from the Bowmars attorney, so take it for what its worth. If true its pretty F'd up.

Repeat after me: Do you have a warrant? I will remain silent until I've spoken to my attorney. If I am free to go I will be leaving now.
Well considering the latest filing by the gov't completely blows this to bits via audio of the traffic stop and interviews, I'd say bowmars were trying to play the woah is me card

Squamch

WKR
I think the greentree move is to tour, plead guilty, then deny it, claim it was a witch hunt, and make another video hoping nobody remembers more than 1 year back.
Is he doing things again now? He, his wife, and Cameron Hanes all blocked me for asking when he was going to deal with his poaching charges?🤣

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the defense attorney is not successful in any of his suppression motions, hard to believe they would go to a jury trial, but stranger things have happened

CBreeze

FNG
anyone follow make hunting great again on instagram? He posted a court document of Josh pleading guilty of not hunting with a license in Iowa. Not related to the Nebraska charges but definately raises questions of their guilt there.

anyone follow make hunting great again on instagram? He posted a court document of Josh pleading guilty of not hunting with a license in Iowa. Not related to the Nebraska charges but definately raises questions of their guilt there.

I do not know him or his wife so I am not qualified to speak on them in any capacity.

But based solely on what I've seen of their Instagram's and their various legal proceedings...terrible ambassadors for the hunting community. They strike me as people just trying to exploit a niche.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Josh Bowmar got hit again seperate from the Nebraska lawsuit. He is an Iowa resident who makes a living off killing deer...didn't have a deer license...?

Screenshot_20210111-212423_Facebook.jpg

TheTone

WKR
4 days between violation date and pleading guilty. I’m guessing he was hoping this would disappear quickly

OR Archer

WKR
They just need to go away. Stick to their nutritional supplements and forget about trying to be somebody in hunting. Obviously their to ego driven to do things the right way because if they did they’d have none of this hanging over their heads.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I've suddenly started getting a bunch of Bowmar Archery ads for the nose button in my FB feed. I wonder if they're trying to cash in as much as possible before losing income related to their hunting "adventures."