Covering/sleeving your hydration hose

Anybody have any idea what I could put to cover this hose? Its just bare and I don't to puncture it. Anybody covering theirs up with some type of sleeve?

Mike7

WKR
I covered my MSR bladder hose more to decrease the shine and the chances of water freeze occuring, but wasn't too worried about puncture? I just stole the neoprene hose sleeve off of one of my old military camelbak or blackhawk bladders, and then gave the bladder back to the kids. They were happy to have another bladder for their small summer hydration packs they use while bicycling, since they are always breaking the bladders.

I think you can purchase a military type bladder (blackhawk/camelbak/voodoo) with a coyote or olive green neoprene sleeve for about $30, but not sure if you can purchase the neoprene sleeve separately from them.

When I was in the Marines, back in 92-96, Camelbaks were new on the scene. I was in a boat raiding line company and we had a lot of access to 550 cord, 1/2" and 1" hollow webbing. I still have my original Camelbak with the 1" tube covering and it also sports two glued-on pockets with name tapes from an unserviceable blouse because the black neoprene cover was a target indicator and black is an unnatural color in the bush. That thing has been to hell and back.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I never really considered the shine of my hydration hose. If stalking I don't have my pack on me that much. Besides I'd be much more concerned about reflection off the spotting scope/binos than a hydration hose shining, but I don't do anything to stop that reflection either. Just never occured to me that my hydration hose would blow a stalk. Never have worried about abrasion to the hose either from climbing through alders and what not. But for where/how you guys hunt it sounds like a must, just doesn't seem needed for up here.