COVID-19 and Hunting/Fishing Travel

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
There are people who hunt, and people that need to hunt. Feeding the family is far from being the "Need to hunt". Some get it, some, many on this very post, never will.........
Hunting at its core is to provide food, one of the three basic needs. If you don't need to do it to fill that need then you don't need to do it. You or your family aren't going to die and your quality of life wouldn't change if you stopped hunting, that's of course if you're not a professional outfitter, which again is taking people out to hunt that also don't have the need.

You can create whatever interpretation of that you want, but that doesn't change what it actually is. All of us on here want to go hunting. That's never been an issue.

Broomd

WKR
In the some of society category, to each his own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, you'd think differently if this disease killed an older or more 'at risk" loved one in your life--a person that otherwise would have lived a much longer, fuller life even though they fought off the average flu every year.

The selfishness I read lately is mind numbing.

Scoutman

FNG
Nothing selfish about my post, sorry you took it that way, just not gonna succumb to the fear and panic, all in God's plan.

Rmauch20

WKR
Yeah, you'd think differently if this disease killed an older or more 'at risk" loved one in your life--a person that otherwise would have lived a much longer, fuller life even though they fought off the average flu every year.

Nice emotional play. Why was that older person or high risk person out and about? If those are the cards they got dealt then take appropriate action Unless I break into their house and lick all their stuff they don’t have much to worry about if I’m driving somewhere to going hunting.

MattB

WKR
So what’s the acceptable distance to drive to hunt? What happens if you get in an accident 5 minutes from your house and need medical attention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the point, limit or eliminate non-essential trips right now because you can't predict the ripple effect that could result.

Last edited:

Scoutman

FNG

Actually a typo, my post should have read, I'm in the society of most likely to die from this, still didn't ask for protection,etc. Not about me, about my children and grandchildren's future. Selfish, not likely, definitely not self rightous.

Scoutman

FNG
Well as a ranch owner, with cattle, fence to maintain, I'll be out there anyway so really doesn't matter.

PMcGee

WKR
That's the point, limit or eliminate non-essential trips right now because you can't predict the ripple effect that could result.

If you read what he wrote he said he is still going hunting because it’s close to his house. If he’s telling other people to stay home shouldn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro