Covid-19 and New Mexico draw for non-residents

NC_Hunter

FNG
As far as elk hunting goes, NM is the only state we put in for this year (other that CO which will be a pref point). This was due to the uncertainty in the economy and our job situations. I am looking forward to about a month from now when we get the results!

I’m in for elk all long shots but hey someone has to draw if not I’ll try to go chase pronghorn around in Wyoming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang06

FNG
Me and my crew applied for elk in really low percentage units.

We were planning to go back to Colorado again as a fallback plan, but might have to wait and see. Only a couple more weeks till the deadline for draw hints, so it may end up a last minute OTC decision if things get a little more back to normal by August.

Best of luck to everyone.

come2elmo

WKR
FWIW CDC dropped the 14 day recommendation on Friday.

mjmax80

FNG
In case anyone is still checking this post, I recently spoke with a member of the NM Game and Fish and as I expected from a government agency, the person said that I am required to quarantine per the order. HOWEVER, this person also stated that the "game wardens do not have authority to make you provide proof of a 14-day quarantine". Also FYI, you do not have to quarantine if you can provide a negative test taken within 72 hours of your visit. I didn't see a specific test on the NM Dept. of Health website but my bet would be the PCR test (this is not the antibody test which gives same day results). Best of luck!

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
There are also something like 12 states not requiring 14 day quarantine as well. I leave Monday for NM and thankfully PA is on the cleared state list.

KHNC

WKR
i have been working from NM since 09/1. I have not been out of my motel a single time. Getting delivery daily from hajison from the deli down the street. I could use some new towels and some extra trash bags if anyone is in the area.

Its all the college kids blowing up PA numbers. Centre county for PSU had 137 cases the other day.
We are in Texas should be in NM soon and I see cars with plates from at least 20 states. Don’t think it’s gonna be an issue.

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
Its all the college kids blowing up PA numbers. Centre county for PSU had 137 cases the other day.
We are in Texas should be in NM soon and I see cars with plates from at least 20 states. Don’t think it’s gonna be an issue.
Yeah. I have a very close friend that works in the lab in the hospital at PSU doing testing. I'm going to go give him shit now. 😂