COVID-19 shelter in-place activity ideas

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
Here in west central Illinois we've been in "Shelter in-place" now for several weeks and will be until the end of the month as of right now. Thankfully, this hasn't affected my wife or I work wise as shes a nurse at our local hospital and I'm military, but we do have a bit of more free time with shifts/schedules being changed on both of our ends to limit employee interaction at our jobs and for my son hes loving it with no school until the end of the month(most likely closed for the remainder of the year). This hasn't affected us socially really, other than my son not being able to run around with the neighborhood kids and spring/summer sports being cancelled. With doing on our part on social distancing and weather becoming nice out we've been able to get the dogs out more as well as ourselves via walking, running, rucking, shooting my bow more, teaching my wife and son to shoot, shed hunting, home projects(never ending), more time running around with my son throwing the football, baseball. Just recently purchased a outdoor projector and sit on our back porch with the nights being fairly decent and watching a movie. Wife and son love it. Whats everyone else doing during this time to stay active or even just something you didnt do before that you do now?

EDIT: Forgot to mention also, all state parks/IDNR sites have been closed until further notice which takes up probalbly 95% of illinois campgrounds and outdoor rec areas unfortuantely which means there will be some nights spent in the tent with my boy "camping".....in the backyard......surrounded by a six foot privacy fence....:cautious:

Last edited:

netman

WKR
My wife and I have our daily horseshoe match. We quit keeping track of win/losses as I’m undefeated and backyard champion. Everyday she gets better and better. I’m worried that by the time C19 is over she will be rubbing my nose in the dirt.
We play for keeps !😀

Chirokyle

FNG
Here in west central Illinois we've been in "Shelter in-place" now for several weeks and will be until the end of the month as of right now. Thankfully, this hasn't affected my wife or I work wise as shes a nurse at our local hospital and I'm military, but we do have a bit of more free time with shifts/schedules being changed on both of our ends to limit employee interaction at our jobs and for my son hes loving it with no school until the end of the month(most likely closed for the remainder of the year). This hasn't affected us socially really, other than my son not being able to run around with the neighborhood kids and spring/summer sports being cancelled. With doing on our part on social distancing and weather becoming nice out we've been able to get the dogs out more as well as ourselves via walking, running, rucking, shooting my bow more, teaching my wife and son to shoot, shed hunting, home projects(never ending), more time running around with my son throwing the football, baseball. Just recently purchased a outdoor projector and sit on our back porch with the nights being fairly decent and watching a movie. Wife and son love it. Whats everyone else doing during this time to stay active or even just something you didnt do before that you do now?

EDIT: Forgot to mention also, all state parks/IDNR sites have been closed until further notice which takes up probalbly 95% of illinois campgrounds and outdoor rec areas unfortuantely which means there will be some nights spent in the tent with my boy "camping".....in the backyard......surrounded by a six foot privacy fence....:cautious:
Habitat improvements on my hunting land. Hinge cutting, switchgrass plantings, getting prepped to plant food plots. Fortunately our state parks in Wisconsin are still open and took the family there Sunday and had a blast

Chirokyle

FNG
Habitat improvements on my hunting land. Hinge cutting, switchgrass plantings, getting prepped to plant food plots. Fortunately our state parks in Wisconsin are still open and took the family there Sunday and had a blast
And lots of turkey hunting with my kids and friends. This Saturday starts about 7 weeks of nonstop hunting

BowTrout

FNG
It's been a lot of card games and board games here too. We've been playing a lot of wiffle ball in the yard with the kids! We've also been getting our garden ready for the summer. Turkey season opens this saturday

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
Board/card games (our family is brutal and unforgiving at Uno), several walks with the dogs daily around our 10 acres, and lots of new recipes begin tried in the kitchen - most recent was my wife made homemade stroopwaffles late last week, all gone already - hence the several walks daily.