Covid Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the Covid myself. Started with a pretty persistent low back pain for a day and a half. Then a headache started about 1/2 way through the low back pain ( I never get headaches unless self induced from too many adult beverages)…knew something was up. Then next morning just got that feeling when a cold hits you hard and you just feel all around crappier and sluggish as the day progresses.

Got home from work and got the full body chills. Drank as much water as possible, took zinc, vitamin d, vitamin c, elderly berry, defense plus (which are all normal cold season supplement I take during cold season and some all year).

Went to sleep sweated the hell out of the sheets spiked a 104 plus fever. Woke up yesterday morning with a worse headache but, fever broke around 4am. Weird thing was the backache disappeared overnight. I’ve had a herniated disc and am not much of a puss with back pain but this was different just a constant dull to medium both sides and middle low back pain. Took some acetaminophen for the headache. That helped (I take pain killers very rarely, usually try to fix the problem rather than medicate).

So, yesterday morning I’m pretty sure I have the Covid or influenza, didn’t seem like influenza though. My wife grabbed me a couple tests and they were positive. Had her call a do the online Dr. deal and got prescriptions for the following:
Ivermectin, Benzonatate(Tessalon), Dexamethason, and a Z-Pak (Azithromycin). And my wife picked up some over the counter NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a stable form of the non-essential amino acid cysteine) that Dr. recommended.

My wife picked that stuff up about 11am yesterday, I took it, and I was actually feeling better by bedtime. No fever last night and woke up a 6am took the trash out and shoveled the 6 inches of snow our front. Drove to work to pick up my laptop and paperwork and am typing this up now.

I’m unvaccinated by choice and chose to take the Ivermectin “booster” and other meds. So far so good, I honestly feel like I could go to work today. Which I won’t do until I take a negative test… I’m amazed at the turnaround time in one day for myself. I’m no doctor but, do a lot of my own independent research on natural foods/supplements and alternative medicines. I could care less if you chose to get the jab(s) or are anti-jab but, you’ll have hell to pay if you ever try to force me into a medical decision for me or my family! Just giving a real life up to date story and how it’s going for me. I’ll update later this week.

Looks like Booster isn't a huge deal if you don't get it. Looks like it helps, but not as big a difference as getting 2 vaccines versus none. Of course this is NBC news and they aren't too honest. However, it jives with my teeny tiny unscientific observations. I know several people not getting the booster, because it doesn't give dramatic improvement.

As an RN i’m showing this quote from your article as an example of what the REAL PROBLEM IS RIGHT NOW:

“The general trend that I’m seeing is, if you’re boosted and you get Covid, you really just at worst end up with bad cold symptoms. It’s not like before where you were coughing, couldn’t say sentences and were short of breath,” said Dr. Matthew Bai, an emergency medicine physician at Mount Sinai Queens in New York City.

If you have “bad cold symptoms” stay the F out of the ER! The ER is for EMERGENCIES not freaking cold symptoms. The people this Provider is describing have no business in the ER they go because of MSM fear mongering. If they MUST be seen they should contact their Primary Care Provider and make an appt or at worst go to Urgent Care. Better yet though just stay home if you have cold symptoms.

MSM is yammering on about unvaccinated people flooding hospitals and i’m here to tell you it’s not true. It’s vaccinated and unvaccinated flooding the ER just to get tested. I JUST had an ASYMPTOMATIC 22yo healthy male take up an ER room and an hour of my time, a techs time, and the ED Providers time because he came in to get tested even though he had zero symptoms because he came in contact with a friend who is Covid positive 5 days earlier. That’s why hospitals are overly busy just stop listening to MSM.

As an RN i’m showing this quote from your article as an example of what the REAL PROBLEM IS RIGHT NOW:

“The general trend that I’m seeing is, if you’re boosted and you get Covid, you really just at worst end up with bad cold symptoms. It’s not like before where you were coughing, couldn’t say sentences and were short of breath,” said Dr. Matthew Bai, an emergency medicine physician at Mount Sinai Queens in New York City.

If you have “bad cold symptoms” stay the F out of the ER! The ER is for EMERGENCIES not freaking cold symptoms. The people this Provider is describing have no business in the ER they go because of MSM fear mongering. If they MUST be seen they should contact their Primary Care Provider and make an appt or at worst go to Urgent Care. Better yet though just stay home if you have cold symptoms.

MSM is yammering on about unvaccinated people flooding hospitals and i’m here to tell you it’s not true. It’s vaccinated and unvaccinated flooding the ER just to get tested. I JUST had an ASYMPTOMATIC 22yo healthy male take up an ER room and an hour of my time, a techs time, and the ED Providers time because he came in to get tested even though he had zero symptoms because he came in contact with a friend who is Covid positive 5 days earlier. That’s why hospitals are overly busy just stop listening to MSM.
Appreciate your perspective, you make really good points

Billinsd

WKR

I'm sorry to hear all that, terrible. I go to my primary or urgent and to the ER for emergencies only. People have lost their minds and the likes of MSM are fueling the fires. Thanks for the reports, the media are too corrupt to believe. Thanks Bill

Tedhunts

FNG
Just Boosted last week after a discussion with my doctor related to some possible immunity issues. Otherwise healthy and active 57 yr old... 23 BMI. I have not been infected to date.

Had sore injection site for 18 hours... thats it... Pfizer.

Ted

Ty619

FNG
Heres what I think...
My wife is an RN. she also has prolonged QT. She has several hundred meds she cannot take without being hospitalized to monitor her heart so she doesn’t die. The vaccine and booster booth exacerbate her condition. Since being jabbed she’s experienced palpitations, syncopal episodes and her menstrual cycle is every two weeks. It’s been 5 months and nothings improving. All since the jab END OF STORY. We aren’t doctors but we sure aren’t naive to the medical field. Her symptoms are vaccine induced. Now here in COMMUNIST CALIFORNIA she / we cannot get her exempted from the booster.

her doctors know of her condition. They know the severity of the condition. AND NO ONE WILL HELP HER. She’s been in the thick of this two fuckin years, unvaccinated and has been fine. We are not pro or anti vaccine. We do believe in common sense. We’re all gonna get this shit. End of story. We don’t need the RS doctors explaining to us the pros and cons. All we are asking for is the opportunity to let her wear a mask and be tested every 5 minutes if that’s what it requires. But **** no. She either gets the booster and high probability of death or 22 years as a professional down the drain compromising everything we’ve busted our ass for. We are gonna be destroyed by this. END OF STORY.

what most you fuckin experts don’t get is the absolute insanity of all this. Restaurants and businesses destroyed yet pot shops and liquor stores thrive. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME??? Is this how stupid we’ve become? We used to be hard people. Strong people. WTF IS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY. VACCINES PREVENT DISEASE.

Are you gonna tell me, 13 years as a firefighter and paramedic, my wife USAF VETERAN and 22 year RN we‘re not patriotic because we don’t want her getting jabbed anymore???? Are you gonna call me some kind of Trump right wing terrorist because I want common sense and FEAR for my wife’s life?? Are you out trying to help families destroyed by this???? No. You just run your ragged mouth sitting behind your computer. DISAGREE AND YOUR A RACIST UNPATRIOTIC TRUMP FANATIC RIGHT????? You people are THE sickness spreading across this land.

Im sure I’m outta RS. My bad mods. Just curious if any of these all or none, save the world shitheads wanna save my house from ruin. Oh wait! I’m fuckin privileged! I’m a straight, white male.. LETS GO BRANDON. Ty619 OUT.

Agross

WKR
Best post I’ve read in a long, long time!! Feel for you man. I truely hope everything works out for you and wish your wife the best . Thank you both for what you do . I wish more people would open their eyes and realize how much bullshit is being fed to them.

zacattack

WKR
My employer is now requiring we get the booster immediately or will be considered non compliant. Wonder how fast immediately is? They have given no deadline or anything. Pretty tired of this.

You can’t continue to work as a nurse in Ca unless your vaccinated. But you can continue to work if your vaccinated and COVID positive! What kind of crazy sh!? is going on? How can you even logically try to argue for this new guideline? We have collectively lost our ever living minds.

Heres what I think...
My wife is an RN. she also has prolonged QT. She has several hundred meds she cannot take without being hospitalized to monitor her heart so she doesn’t die. The vaccine and booster booth exacerbate her condition. Since being jabbed she’s experienced palpitations, syncopal episodes and her menstrual cycle is every two weeks. It’s been 5 months and nothings improving. All since the jab END OF STORY. We aren’t doctors but we sure aren’t naive to the medical field. Her symptoms are vaccine induced. Now here in COMMUNIST CALIFORNIA she / we cannot get her exempted from the booster.

her doctors know of her condition. They know the severity of the condition. AND NO ONE WILL HELP HER. She’s been in the thick of this two fuckin years, unvaccinated and has been fine. We are not pro or anti vaccine. We do believe in common sense. We’re all gonna get this shit. End of story. We don’t need the RS doctors explaining to us the pros and cons. All we are asking for is the opportunity to let her wear a mask and be tested every 5 minutes if that’s what it requires. But **** no. She either gets the booster and high probability of death or 22 years as a professional down the drain compromising everything we’ve busted our ass for. We are gonna be destroyed by this. END OF STORY.

what most you fuckin experts don’t get is the absolute insanity of all this. Restaurants and businesses destroyed yet pot shops and liquor stores thrive. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME??? Is this how stupid we’ve become? We used to be hard people. Strong people. WTF IS HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY. VACCINES PREVENT DISEASE.

Are you gonna tell me, 13 years as a firefighter and paramedic, my wife USAF VETERAN and 22 year RN we‘re not patriotic because we don’t want her getting jabbed anymore???? Are you gonna call me some kind of Trump right wing terrorist because I want common sense and FEAR for my wife’s life?? Are you out trying to help families destroyed by this???? No. You just run your ragged mouth sitting behind your computer. DISAGREE AND YOUR A RACIST UNPATRIOTIC TRUMP FANATIC RIGHT????? You people are THE sickness spreading across this land.

Im sure I’m outta RS. My bad mods. Just curious if any of these all or none, save the world shitheads wanna save my house from ruin. Oh wait! I’m fuckin privileged! I’m a straight, white male.. LETS GO BRANDON. Ty619 OUT.

Good luck. It’s a crazy mess out there.

Gotta believe there’s need for firefighters and nurses out of Cali if you guys can make that work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Has anyone had their covid booster? If so, how did it compare to 1st and 2nd vaccine dose?
No.

As for my unsolicited Covid input, please refer to my ridiculous number of posts in the slew of other Covid threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.