Covid Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
What an oblivious post. Guess you missed the memo that these companies got govt money to develop these vaccines, and are also getting money to distribute them. It should be illegal to be as clueless as you are.

Also, on a normal, average day in a hospital over 90% of bed spaces are occupied. This "Covid is overwhelming hospitals" nonsense is exactly that. Nonsense. Hospitals are always walking that fine line of capacity, it doesn't take much to fill bed spaces. I can't believe you bought the lies hook, line, and sinker. Dang.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Operation warp speed. What's your point? Mrna vaccines has been in development for over 10 years.

You are clueless if you think covid hasn't caused a problem with hospital bed shortages all over the country. I of course won't change your mind if people like alex Jones and tucker Carlson already have.

If you or anyone else choose to ignore science and put yourself at risk, be my guest. Just dont expect any empathy when it catches up to you or someone you care about.

Sapcut

WKR
Operation warp speed. What's your point? Mrna vaccines has been in development for over 10 years.

You are clueless if you think covid hasn't caused a problem with hospital bed shortages all over the country. I of course won't change your mind if people like alex Jones and tucker Carlson already have.

If you or anyone else choose to ignore science and put yourself at risk, be my guest. Just dont expect any empathy when it catches up to you or someone you care about.
Sir, I appreciate that you may be a caribou hunter in Alaska and in the Rokslide community, etc. but seriously, you need to do a bit more studying on this. You know not of what you speak. You are exactly the sheep the govt and medical industry strive to create.

Since you mentioned mRNA vaccines, perhaps you can begin your studying with virologist Dr. Robert Malone.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider

You are the perfect product of propaganda.
If you were aware of it, it wouldn’t be so perfect. But alas, you are the shining example here.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion, those who are unvaxxed and ending up in the ICU, due to something they could have easily prevented, should lose hospital admission privelidges if other people who have serious health issues needs those resourses and open rooms are on short supply. How would you feel if someone you cared about had a stroke and died because they couldn't get treatment if the ICU was full of unvaxxed conspiracy theorists who chose to believe garbage off of facebook agenda pushers than from real, acredited scientists? I would be pretty upset too.

Like it or not, the overwhelming majority of those with covid who are admitted (and died) are unvaxed. And those who are vaxed and admitted almost always had comobidities that prevented the vax from working. But suddendly we are against capitalism because Pfizer is making money in the process and because 1 out of 20,000 get myocarditis? Please find a vaccine that is 100% safe with no risk of side effects or a company that will spend billions out of pocket in development with no promise of ROI. Neither exist.

Easily prevented? Parts of it maybe, but it isn't just about vaccines, and there is plenty of widespread blame to go around. Where does it stop?

You and I can probably both agree that there are millions of vulnerable people out there that probably should get vaccinated, who won't, and will suffer and die because of it. And yes, that will affect others. And it's tragic.
Playing the blame game for that will point in just about every direction like a giant Mexican standoff.

Blame:
On the 100% "anti-vax" side, some of that "disinformation" is obvious. There are certainly overblown, and even crazy conspiracy theory claims. But there are also reasonable concerns, and those get censored...which leads to wilder claims. Shut out reasonable voices of nuanced dissent and don't be surprised when unreasonable voices dominate. Shut down the doctors who are generally pro vaccine for the vulnerable, but also have nuanced positions about risks about giving continual mRNA vaccines to everyone, and might also like therapeutics...that's going to lead to more extreme "Alex Jones" types that are against all vaccines. (with apologies to Alex Jones, I don't really know what he thinks, never listened to him)

On the conventional wisdom/medical establishment side, there's plenty of blame to go around there too: be dishonest with the people about known and unknown risks, treat them with contempt, assume they are stupid, don't address their concerns, silence and censor, force authoritarian mandates that do not account for individual health status differences and run HARD against their values of individual liberty....then of course there will be "vaccine hesitancy." Well deserved hesitancy. The authorities that claim to represent "expert consensus" seem to be as anti socratic method as possible.

And then there's the bigger problem of co-morbidities, and where to assign blame for that. That's a far more deadly problem than COVID itself. Diabetes alone dwarfs COVID.

The co-morbidity problem is way more complicated than "fat lazy slobs." It's an unfair slander and doesn't seriously deal with the problem. Yes, may people give up and don't even try to be healthy. But plenty of unhealthy people have been following the advice of our health experts for decades...and it still doesn't work. Because the advice sucks, and has sucked for decades. Go into any box fitness place (or hospital)...it's full of pear shaped ladies who followed their doctors advice, what they learned in school about how to exercise and what to eat. How's that worked out? Better yet, go on any military base, just look around....there's a captive audience of people that are forced to exercise, and provided gov't approved food. How's that going?
Gyms are full of people on treadmills that do their 30+ minutes of steady state cardio....who eat to the food pyramid (lots of "healthy whole grains", and fruit smoothies, starchy carbs, and veg oils...and avoid animal protein)...in short, they followed the "expert" advice. And they are still 40+ pounds overweight, and gaining, and becoming diabetic. They are plenty of dedicated people following the expert advice, to little effect, and it's not their fault
And not being completely stupid, many realize that if "diet and exercise" don't work, then why bother...F it. Might as well eat food they like and go completely to hell, because their body is going to hell anyway, so at least get some pleasure out of it.

All of this adds up to a public sense of "why the hell should we trust the medical authorities?" regarding long term health.

To be clear, I wish more vulnerable people would have gotten vaccinated (not so sure how much it matters now with Omicron and now dated COVID vaccines). But much of the vaccine push, and our health system in general, doesn't seem to be seriously pursuing long term health.

Anyway, your frustration is understandable and has some merit, but there's gobs of blame to go around for our health mess. Go down the path of demonizing, start picking what class of people is worthy of care by ideology, and there won't be anyone left standing.
That a nightmare that I don't want any part of.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Please find a vaccine that is 100% safe with no risk of side effects
We're still looking......get back to us when one exists for Covid. Until then, we'll choose to let our natural immune systems do their thing......live or die.

Also, my mom went into the hospital 4 days after getting her second Pfizer shot. ICU was full, she died a week later. I don't blame anybody for her death or the ICU being full. She chose on her own to get experimental shots in all this.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Easily prevented? Parts of it maybe, but it isn't just about vaccines, and there is plenty of widespread blame to go around. Where does it stop?

You and I can probably both agree that there are millions of vulnerable people out there that probably should get vaccinated, who won't, and will suffer and die because of it. And yes, that will affect others. And it's tragic.
Playing the blame game for that will point in just about every direction like a giant Mexican standoff.

Blame:
On the 100% "anti-vax" side, some of that "disinformation" is obvious. There are certainly overblown, and even crazy conspiracy theory claims. But there are also reasonable concerns, and those get censored...which leads to wilder claims. Shut out reasonable voices of nuanced dissent and don't be surprised when unreasonable voices dominate. Shut down the doctors who are generally pro vaccine for the vulnerable, but also have nuanced positions about risks about giving continual mRNA vaccines to everyone, and might also like therapeutics...that's going to lead to more extreme "Alex Jones" types that are against all vaccines. (with apologies to Alex Jones, I don't really know what he thinks, never listened to him)

On the conventional wisdom/medical establishment side, there's plenty of blame to go around there too: be dishonest with the people about known and unknown risks, treat them with contempt, assume they are stupid, don't address their concerns, silence and censor, force authoritarian mandates that do not account for individual health status differences and run HARD against their values of individual liberty....then of course there will be "vaccine hesitancy." Well deserved hesitancy. The authorities that claim to represent "expert consensus" seem to be as anti socratic method as possible.

And then there's the bigger problem of co-morbidities, and where to assign blame for that. That's a far more deadly problem than COVID itself. Diabetes alone dwarfs COVID.

The co-morbidity problem is way more complicated than "fat lazy slobs." It's an unfair slander and doesn't seriously deal with the problem. Yes, may people give up and don't even try to be healthy. But plenty of unhealthy people have been following the advice of our health experts for decades...and it still doesn't work. Because the advice sucks, and has sucked for decades. Go into any box fitness place (or hospital)...it's full of pear shaped ladies who followed their doctors advice, what they learned in school about how to exercise and what to eat. How's that worked out? Better yet, go on any military base, just look around....there's a captive audience of people that are forced to exercise, and provided gov't approved food. How's that going?
Gyms are full of people on treadmills that do their 30+ minutes of steady state cardio....who eat to the food pyramid (lots of "healthy whole grains", and fruit smoothies, starchy carbs, and veg oils...and avoid animal protein)...in short, they followed the "expert" advice. And they are still 40+ pounds overweight, and gaining, and becoming diabetic. They are plenty of dedicated people following the expert advice, to little effect, and it's not their fault
And not being completely stupid, many realize that if "diet and exercise" don't work, then why bother...F it. Might as well eat food they like and go completely to hell, because their body is going to hell anyway, so at least get some pleasure out of it.

All of this adds up to a public sense of "why the hell should we trust the medical authorities?" regarding long term health.

To be clear, I wish more vulnerable people would have gotten vaccinated (not so sure how much it matters now with Omicron and now dated COVID vaccines). But much of the vaccine push, and our health system in general, doesn't seem to be seriously pursuing long term health.

Anyway, your frustration is understandable and has some merit, but there's gobs of blame to go around for our health mess. Go down the path of demonizing, start picking what class of people is worthy of care by ideology, and there won't be anyone left standing.

BTW, I don't mean to be overly harsh on doctors and health care workers. I have major problems with the health care system, what it incentivizes, what it punishes, and ultimately the results. It's largely a problem of institutions. Overwhelmingly I don't doubt the intentions and dedication of the individual doctors, nurses, educators, nutritionists, etc.
Good intentions don't always lead to good results.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Sir, I appreciate that you may be a caribou hunter in Alaska and in the Rokslide community, etc. but seriously, you need to do a bit more studying on this. You know not of what you speak. You are exactly the sheep the govt and medical industry strive to create.

Since you mentioned mRNA vaccines, perhaps you can begin your studying with virologist Dr. Robert Malone.
Dr. Malone is one out of thousands, maybe millions, who is being used and exploited to push an agenda.

Blame:

I agree with much of what you wrote, the problem is, look how many people right here on Rokslide have already been demonizing those like myself who actually believe in medical science. Is medical science perfect? Of course not, but the alt-right narrative that big goverment, big pharma, all the leading doctors, virologists, epedimiologists, etc, and virtually all the nations of the modern world are all conspiring against us... That isn't reasonable and there isn't anything factual to back that up. Is there corruption in the medical field? Absolutely, there is corruption is every institution. But that isn't reason to discount the risk vs reward that the vaccines offer to the majority of the population.

These same people who claim to "think for themselves" will listen to people who are being exploited like Dr. Malone, who are anomolies in the medical field, who will provide confirmation bias to tucker carlson talking points when the overwhelming majority of those who have dedicated their lives to medicine and helping others fully stand by the vaccines and their effectiveness. And no, these are not doctors who are pushing the vaccine for direct or indirect compensation, another BS talking point.

With all that said I am anti-mandate as I do feel it should be an individual choice, but I am tired of people who, once again, ignore peer-reviewed stuidies that compromise their world view yet soak up social media vaccine "facts" like a sponge. People making absurd claims that those who are vaxed are dying at just as high rates as the unvaxed, that people dying from the vaccine itself. All bases claims with no subastance that the alt-right accepts without question.

This forum is turning into the Dunning-Kruger National Park, if you know what I mean.

Sapcut

WKR
Dr. Malone is one out of thousands, maybe millions, who is being used and exploited to push an agenda.

I agree with much of what you wrote, the problem is, look how many people right here on Rokslide have already been demonizing those like myself who actually believe in medical science. Is medical science perfect? Of course not, but the alt-right narrative that big goverment, big pharma, all the leading doctors, virologists, epedimiologists, etc, and virtually all the nations of the modern world are all conspiring against us... That isn't reasonable and there isn't anything factual to back that up. Is there corruption in the medical field? Absolutely, there is corruption is every institution. But that isn't reason to discount the risk vs reward that the vaccines offer to the majority of the population.

These same people who claim to "think for themselves" will listen to people who are being exploited like Dr. Malone, who are anomolies in the medical field, who will provide confirmation bias to tucker carlson talking points when the overwhelming majority of those who have dedicated their lives to medicine and helping others fully stand by the vaccines and their effectiveness. And no, these are not doctors who are pushing the vaccine for direct or indirect compensation, another BS talking point.

With all that said I am anti-mandate as I do feel it should be an individual choice, but I am tired of people who, once again, ignore peer-reviewed stuidies that compromise their world view yet soak up social media vaccine "facts" like a sponge. People making absurd claims that those who are vaxed are dying at just as high rates as the unvaxed, that people dying from the vaccine itself. All bases claims with no subastance that the alt-right accepts without question.

This forum is turning into the Dunning-Kruger National Park, if you know what I mean.
The blind leading the blind and gullible sheep. Did you know gullible is not in the dictionary ?

Azone

WKR
So @alaska_bou, are we gonna start throwing smokers with lung cancer into the streets right next to all the alcoholics with cirrhosis and drug addicts that have been saved by narcan several times?
So that way someone who did exactly what they were told to do can get preferential treatment?
Are we gonna have to start a social status/compliance score system to see who lives and dies?
Or do we live and die being able to make our own choices?

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
The blind leading the blind and gullible sheep. Did you know gullible is not in the dictionary ?
The fact that you are resorting to calling people sheep is enough for me to prove what kind of a thinker you are. Isn't it ironic that those who like to call others "sheep" are themselves taking medication for sheep when they wind up with covid?

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
So @alaska_bou, are we gonna start throwing smokers with lung cancer into the streets right next to all the alcoholics with cirrhosis and drug addicts that have been saved by narcan several times?
So that way someone who did exactly what they were told to do can get preferential treatment?
Are we gonna have to start a social status/compliance score system to see who lives and dies?
I side with personal responsability. All of those situations are a drain on our health insurance industry that end up raising premiums for those of us who live healthy lifestyles.

You can live and die from your own choices. Absolutely. That is what liberty is and what makes this country so great. Just don't make piss-poor choices AND expect an entitlement to a bail out at other people's expense.

FLATHEAD

WKR
The fact that you are resorting to calling people sheep is enough for me to prove what kind of a thinker you are. Isn't it ironic that those who like to call others "sheep" are themselves taking medication for sheep when they wind up with covid?
I've had it twice. Never took anything. Not even a Tylenol.
And BTW, Ivermectin has been used successfully for decades around the globe.

FLATHEAD

WKR
AND, I might add some others;
What about sports of an inherently dangerous nature?
Break a leg snow skiing, too bad. Go home and deal with it.
Get a concussion while Mtn. Biking? Poor thing. Good Luck.
Got bit by a Diamondback while hiking? Try sucking the venom out?
No Medical care for thee.
I mean how ridiculous!! This is the mindset of the radicalized vaccine enthusiasts.
OBEY or pay the consequences!!

sasquatch

WKR
AND, I might add some others;
What about sports of an inherently dangerous nature?
Break a leg snow skiing, too bad. Go home and deal with it.
Get a concussion while Mtn. Biking? Poor thing. Good Luck.
Got bit by a Diamondback while hiking? Try sucking the venom out?
No Medical care for thee.
I mean how ridiculous!! This is the mindset of the radicalized vaccine enthusiasts.
OBEY or pay the consequences!!

No no, you see those are fears/risk that we are use to. Those are ok. It’s the new boogie man disease we have to fear, you see, before it we never got sick and lived happily ever after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattB

WKR
It’s basically fact that the virus is human made. If you don’t know that by now then I don’t know what to tell you. Even the Dept of Defense says so.
Do you have anything credible to support your contention. Not only is it not fact, but the most recent peer reviewed study I have seen suggests the Chinese lab theory is less and less probable.

Sorry for the brown noise in the echo chamber.

Sapcut

WKR
Is it not a bit coincidental that the meat markets that get thrown under the virus bus are in the same city as the virology university that are actually researching viruses? It doesn’t take many brain cells to see the red flags of gain of function viruses….if you allow yourself to think for yourself and not allow others to think for you.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Do you have anything credible to support your contention. Not only is it not fact, but the most recent peer reviewed study I have seen suggests the Chinese lab theory is less and less probable.

Sorry for the brown noise in the echo chamber.

How convenient.
And the vaccines work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.