Covid: Day 4

Calcoyote

FNG
My wife and I went out of town to celebrate her birthday. Last Friday we spent 3 hours with our son who at that time did not know he had Covid. My wife and I became symptomatic on Tues afternnon, and for the first 3 days our symptoms were very mild. Then the fever started today for us. Thankfully neither one of us have experienced any shortness of breath. I have no cough, but my wife does. We have a device to measure the oxygen level in our blood. My wife is 98% and I am 96%.

Today has been a miserable day for both of us. Fever, headache, body aches. Pure misery but we are thankful that neither of us has shortness of breath.

Please give me any thoughts or advice you have.

gelton

WKR
I would look into any literature that isn't considered "mainstream" as they are batting about .001 at the moment. Look into Fauci's literature from 2005 that recommended Hydroxochloroquien for Sars. Or the
"wins" that India is seeing in its fight against covid, as well as looking up the definition of conventional wisdom.

And best wishes regardless of which path you choose.

Also, Vitamin D and Zinc certainly can't hurt. Not a Dr. but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Last edited:

CoStick

WKR
Certainly contact your Dr. are you all having these symptoms having been vaccinated?

Myself, my wife our youngest daughter and our neighbors had Covid last November together. My wife slept a lot and that helped her, I went hunting and that helped me! Lol. I had a slight cough and shortness of breath and tried Sudafed, it didn’t really help that much. The virus just needs to run it’s course. The next couple of days you guys should start to feel better. For us it was like a bad cold but we were beyond exhausted. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
I had it last month. Days 4&5 were a bit rough. Day 6 I really improved and by day 7 I would have normally gone back to work... Felt almost normal. Only things I did were take vitamin C & D, drank plenty of fluids, and went out on the sun as often as possible. My doctor recommended I stay somewhat active and get outside occasionally in the sun.

Fatcamp

WKR
If your oxygen saturation begins to dip below 90% don't play. Go to the ED immediately.

Had it in March. a few personal observations:

- late 40s, non smoker, fairly good shape, carry a few extra pounds
- day 1 - light cough light headache
- day 2 - mild flu like symptoms
- day 3 - moderate flu like symptoms
- day 4 - worst day, significant flu like symptoms and brain fog
- day 5 onward symptoms improved daily
- day 8 back to resumption of light activity
- + 2.5 weeks started working out again
- +2 months lung function not at precovid level. ~90%
- pulse ox never dropped below 94%

* have A bit of a plan - locate insurance papers, med records etc. aNd have them handy, talk to spouse and family to let them know you will text if things get worse but have someone you check in with daily. Ask your doctor what hospital you should go to if you start to feel worse.

* Don't play around if you start to have shortness of breath. Notify someone. Call 911 if it’s moderate to bad. otherwise Call your doctor. if it is mild drive to a hospital If you can and just sit outside in your car or in the waiting room. If it passes drive home, if it doesn’t go to the ER and get checked out.

* after you recover, I would expect you will have some residue. I am at plus 2 months and my lung function is impaired. When I say impaired, I mean i can exercise and do things but my lungs aren’t functioning well. I did a murph crossfit work out yesterday and was about 10% slower than last year. i noticed I was short of breath walking up a hill while chatting with a buddy. Stuff like that. I asked my doc and he said it may be some combination of residual inflammation and allergies. I am hoping I will see gradual improvement.

JRMiller

WKR
I had it too. Lots of zinc, vitamins C,D,E and selenium. I took ivermectin and it was over the next day.

Sense of smell was gone for 12 days.....no other symptoms after the ivermectin.
Same here. B12 too. I was sick for only a total of three days. Felt %100 by day four
Same with wife and daughter.

ODB

WKR
While it is important to listen to your doc, do not forgot that YOU must be your own patient advocate. Doctors are not gods, no matter how much they think they are.

As far as covid - after it's initially over, pay special attention to any irregular heart issues or lingering breathing issues. Post-covid clotting is real, prevalent, and is under-reported. My wife scans (cardiac MRI) people all the time who are post-covid with scarring within the heart wall that is causing issues. These are not massive strokes causing immediate impairment, but tiny little ones that damage heart tissue.

not to scare you at all, just relating what we are learning from radiology. best.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I got it last December. I had all the flu symptoms.....fever, body aches, joint, muscle, behind the eyes. But here's the weird thing......I have asthma and have an oximeter. In the past 6-7 years it has NEVER given me an O2 reading above 95%.......until I had Covid. I never had any "shortness of breath" so to speak, it was just like I was breathing in and out of a plastic bag. So I could get a full breath, it just didn't feel like there was any O2 in that breath. And when my lungs were at their worst, the oximeter was reading 97 and 98%. That's beyond bizarre to me. My main lung or chest issue was the pain. Major pain in my lungs and in every muscle between every rib, and my pecs. I still get that every now and then, and every now and then my lungs feel like they're on fire and burning. Every time that happens.......97-98%. When they feel normal.......oximeter reads 94%.

My flu symptoms lasted about 5-7 days. The morning that I woke up and felt great, I lost my sense of taste and smell that day. It has been hit and miss ever since. I went a week without tasting or smelling a thing last month and then my daughter was eating pepperoni and I could smell and taste it. It was so good I made a sandwich with it. By the time I took my first bite, my taste was gone again. That's pretty messed up.

My lungs are still tight and I get out of breath easily, and Albuterol inhaler just makes that worse. So I just ignore it all and keep pressing on.......with tasteless food. :mad:

Avoid any and everything on the internet for health with the exception of Mayo clinic fo general info. Consult your doctor. Go to ER if you get short of breath.

Use internet to read stuff that makes you happy and keep you in good spirits. Watch funny movies and such.

I hope you get better. Rest and fluids are always suggested by any healthcare professional. Gatorade is nice for replenishing electrolytes and such.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Avoid any and everything on the internet for health with the exception of Mayo clinic fo general info. Consult your doctor. Go to ER if you get short of breath.

Use internet to read stuff that makes you happy and keep you in good spirits. Watch funny movies and such.

I hope you get better. Rest and fluids are always suggested by any healthcare professional. Gatorade is nice for replenishing electrolytes and such.
We had Covid go through our house last Nov - me, my wife (noth in our 50s), dad, mom, and our son (18). Dad and mom are in their mid-70s with multiple pre-existing health conditions that put them at high risk. Fortunately for us, I have a friend who is a doctor and was willing to help us get some medications unlike Mayo.

We typically go to the Mayo clinic and for the most part, our experience has been excellent. But with respect to Covid, the Mayo clinic is the LAST healthcare provider I would recommend. We contacted our doctor there and his smug Ef'ing response was don't believe what you read on the internet. They told us to take tylenol and go the the ER if conditions worsen - keep in mind they didn't say what those conditions were. The infection control nurse was equally as pathetically useless. Under no condition would I recommend anyone go to the Mayo clinic for Covid advice.

Fortunately for us, we had a family friend and business colleague who is an MD. The #1 thing that must be done is treat the symptoms as early as possible. The medical directive of waiting to see how a person gets through it is as about as stupid as it gets. Get on it early with treatments. He got us on a regimen of the following:

Quercetin, Zinc, vitamin D, B12, and Doxycyclene

For my parents, they got the above and also got Ivermectin.

There are peer reviewed, university written medical studies available now that show the effectiveness of the above regimen.

Everyone in the house was better from Covid in <5 days, nothing serious except with my wife who hers turned into pneumonia. She was better in about 8 days. Both of my parents were better in <3 days, and they were high risk. I have absolutely ZERO doubt that had we followed advice from Mayo, both of my parents would have been in the ER and may not have made it through given their pre-existing health conditions.

My advice after having gone through this is - go see your doctor. If your doctor doesn't give you a treatment therapy regimen (ie medicine) to get through it, FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. Mayo is great for surgeries and cancer treatments, etc. I've had 2 surgeries with them in the last 9 months which were fantastic. With respect to Covid, I would avoid them at all costs.

Under no circumstances would I recommend going to Mayo for Covid 19. There are treatment therapies out now that are proven to help reduce the effects of Covid 19. Getting them going as early in the process as possible is the #1 most critical thing a person can do.