Covid defense/prevent....strengthening your immune system.

Broomd

WKR
This is probably long overdue here....

For those who want to insure optimal immune defense against the whu-flu (or any other bug) here are some widely recognized and highy recommended supplements.
These vitamins and supplements are recommended by many doctors, both modern and traditional. This list might vary a bit, but these are the staples for immune defense.

Vitamin D3 - drops or oil-based softgels. Wife takes drops under the tongue, I take the softgels. Vitamin D3 is perhaps the most important (and lacking) component associated with Covid and possible virus severity. Take this even if you take nothing else.
Zinc capsule - for everyday. hugely important for immune system and bonus for prostate.
Zinc lozenge - keep/dissolve in mouth if sick or feeling that sickness or flu is coming on.
Reduced L-Glutathione--immune support, antioxidant support.
NAC- N-acetyl-L-Cysteine -antioxidant cell support, helps the body assimilate the L-Glutathione, a precursor.
Daily multi-vitamin (gummy, etc.) for vitamin C, iron, etc.

Obviously eat fruits and veggies daily, fresh if possible. Most of us don't get enough. Avoid the crap foods, bacon and/or processed meats everyday are a huge drag on your body. Same goes for processed sugars = junk food.
Sht-can the soft drinks! Drink a lot of water.

Do your own due diligence, I offer the above as a reference for those who want to stack the deck. I didn't list the iu, mg, etc. of each, that may vary with your needs and size.
I'm not a practitioner, but complied this list early on as a preventative plan, hope it helps.
Super Supplements is a decent source to order online or buy locally.

Attachments

• IMG_5331.JPG
    IMG_5331.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Just wish that I had learned to eat better when I was younger.
The more you study about keeping your body healthy, it's amazing how many things that are effected by vitamin D. Not much of a drug/supplement taker at all but every morning I take a pro-biotic, and vitamins B-C- & D with my breakfast. It's amazed me just how much healthier that I am now than I was when I was younger but eating so poorly.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Just wish that I had learned to eat better when I was younger.
The more you study about keeping your body healthy, it's amazing how many things that are effected by vitamin D. Not much of a drug/supplement taker at all but every morning I take a pro-biotic, and vitamins B-C- & D with my breakfast. It's amazed me just how much healthier that I am now than I was when I was younger but eating so poorly.
+1..
I can relate. Grew up in a cash-strapped family--one of nine kids--and didn't eat well enough either.
At 57, wife and I can afford to eat decently and we do. Start the day with raw pumpkin seeds (zinc for the prostate) and raw almonds. Quality greek yogurt for the probiotics., those are the staples for morning. Gut heath is so important.

Wild game meat and our own ranch raised highlander beef, or Alaskan salmon that we trade for our elk/deer meat round things out for supper on most nights.
I think we get the better of those Sockeye salmon trades with our Alaskan friends, but they love the venison.

+1..
I can relate. Grew up in a cash-strapped family--one of nine kids--and didn't eat well enough either.
At 57, wife and I can afford to eat decently and we do. Start the day with raw pumpkin seeds (zinc for the prostate) and raw almonds. Quality greek yogurt for the probiotics., those are the staples for morning. Gut heath is so important.

Wild game meat and our own ranch raised highlander beef, or Alaskan salmon that we trade for our elk/deer meat round things out for supper on most nights.
I think we get the better of those Sockeye salmon trades with our Alaskan friends, but they love the venison.

How many highlands do you have? I use to have some, got out of cattle 15 years ago tho. Those highlands were incredibly hardy. I think bout getting a few every now and then.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
How many highlands do you have? I use to have some, got out of cattle 15 years ago tho. Those highlands were incredibly hardy. I think bout getting a few every now and then.
They sure are.
We're down to seven with autumn butchering, We sell meat to repeat customers every Fall. Folks seek out that lean beef.
We're expecting five calves dropped soon though, so things will get busy out there again.

BBob

WKR
One of my Doc's just advised taking those three. He stated there is some good evidence it might help so he recommended that I take them. Rather be safe than sorry!

WKR
Eat right, stay hydrated, wash my hands frequently, live my life. Been doing it for years. Never caught the actual flu yet but purely through luck I am sure. Son caught it a few years back, he was a sick puppy for 3-4 days. Wonder if anyone still gets the standard flu anymore?

Finch

WKR
Three years ago my then 3 month old son, 4 year old, and wife all had the flu at the same time. Fortunately, I never got it although I was thrown up on, sneezed, coughed on, etc. This was also one of the very "bad" flu years as the media always reminded us. I had taken the flu vaccine as well as my entire family. Not sure if I have tiger blood like Charlie Sheen or the fact the vaccine worked.

Point of this is I really never give the flu vaccine a second thought but I am a little apprehensive about the Covid one.

I'll check out the vitamins mentioned above as my diet isn't always the greatest. Problem is I go through spells of taking a daily vitamin but then start forgetting to and ultimately stopping the regimen. There's also so many different ones and it can be overwhelming.

Deadfall

WKR
Eat right, stay hydrated, wash my hands frequently, live my life. Been doing it for years. Never caught the actual flu yet but purely through luck I am sure. Son caught it a few years back, he was a sick puppy for 3-4 days. Wonder if anyone still gets the standard flu anymore?
We will never know since everything is classified covid.

JPD350

WKR
So why not take a quality multi vitamin every day instead of lining up individual supplements? it seems like it would be a pain dealing with 4 or 5 different products all of the time.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
We will never know since everything is classified covid.
That’s not true. I look at dozens of death certificates a month and they are all very clear. If there are 2 potential reasons for death, COVID and other, both are listed. And if you get flu like symptoms they are testing for flu and COVID separately. Let’s not pretend like a person who has heart disease or lung issues, who then gets COVID, who dies a few weeks after getting COVID, did not experience a serious speed-up to death.

Deadfall

WKR
That’s not true. I look at dozens of death certificates a month and they are all very clear. If there are 2 potential reasons for death, COVID and other, both are listed. And if you get flu like symptoms they are testing for flu and COVID separately. Let’s not pretend like a person who has heart disease or lung issues, who then gets COVID, who dies a few weeks after getting COVID, did not experience a serious speed-up to death.
Maybe so....just finished watching someone die of cancer. Spent the last couple years fighting it. Certificate dont mention cancer. But that's the only one I've looked at. Perhaps its a fluke....since I don't look at dozens of them every month ill have to concede to someone who does.