COVID Home Workouts

Barroninc

FNG
I was definitely caught off guard by the shut down. I just started working out again 8 wks ago and 3 wks in my gym closed. And now there’s an exercise equipment shortage. I managed to get some 35lb dumbbells and resistance bands. Already had a kettle bell. Really wish I had a bench too.

AS many sets as possible in an hour.
20 burpees
20 35lb kettlebell swings
20tricep dips
20 sit ups
15 push ups
10/ side- 35lb dumbbell curls
10 35lb dumbbell thrusters
20 tricep - extensions w/bands
1min Plank /standard and sides
10 Box jumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to hear your results from that, if you don’t mind. Damn good cardio haha

I mostly do body weight workout, so this isn’t really that bad, it’s just finding your groove. I try to keep moving and be as efficient as possible, time is the least of my concern as I don’t win anything for being fast. A buddy of mine suggested we try the 30 day challenge so I went in on it with him. I live in a mountain community at about 7k so finding a flat place to run wasn’t easy. I finished yesterday’s gig at 34:26.

pc3

WKR
Gyms are shut here in Australia too. I've just managed to source a strong man log and a 55 pound dead ball.

The strongman log allows me to do cleans and presses, or clean and press combined. They truly are brutal with 10" diameter log....for me anyway and seem to sap you all over. Tried to curl it and can get a couple of reps but the form isn't great....it's an awkward lump of steel.

Dead ball squats with dead ball sitting on one shoulder and swapping over is also difficult.

Dead ball slams are also an all over work out and brutal. Combined with shadow boxing, running, push ups, chin ups and curls with various things in the garage I'm managing to keep a bit of conditioning. Actually some of these exercises are new to me and hitting me differently to traditional gym/bar work.

Yesterday I ran in the morning and in arvo did 3 x sets of overhead log holds (clean,press and the hold above head until I get shaky) it smashed the traps etc., 300x leg raises (over 5 sets) and 2x sets of dead ball slams.

This morning for instance was just 5x sets of cleans with the log...I was cooked,they really smash me at least. Tonight cardio with my son....and so it goes.

Teaman1

WKR
"Zachary Tellier" WOD

For time :
10 burpees

10 burpees
25 push ups

10 burpees
25 push ups
50 lunges

10 burpees
25 push ups
50 lunges
100 sit ups

10 burpees
25 push ups
50 lunges
100 sit ups
150 air squats

Did this tonight, 150 squats squats might be more then my knees would like on a regular basis. I couldn’t quite do them unbroken, but did them with very little rest

Love it but seems like one step forward , two steps back.

50-50 joking. I had just endured an hour long zoom meeting where I wasn't on camera.

In reality, I have a couple spud bars, some truck tires, and a few cinder blocks that I've been using... sporadically.

I snatch the tires up to my chest on one bar, get a few overhead presses in and put it on my back to squat as many reps as possible. Then, front squats when I can't press it anymore. I've also been doing rear lunges and split squats.

The cinder blocks on the other bar are for bent over rows.

With a bar in the tires, I get my feet on a block and do under handed push-ups to failure.

Shoulder raises with the bars.

I'd rather hit the gym but I walk all day at work and it's turkey season... Shortly, I'll start some training hikes.

Today was my last day of my 30 day murph challenge. Time to start something new.

How did that go for you? You feel significant progress or worn down at the end? Interested to hear your thoughts
I'm doing monthly Murphs for 2020 but daily for a month is crazy!

How did that go for you? You feel significant progress or worn down at the end? Interested to hear your thoughts
I'm doing monthly Murphs for 2020 but daily for a month is crazy!

I didn’t think it was that bad actually, a buddy suggested it so we did it. I didn’t run though, I carried a 45lb pack. My mile is 1/4 up, 1/8 down, 1/8 up, then turn around and head home. I live at 7400’ so I get plenty of cardio just walking around.

I don’t do a lot of lifting to begin with, but I do mostly body weight stuff. I averaged about 43 minutes.

I feel pretty good, it was more mental for me than physical.