COVID Home Workouts

jmez

WKR
Sub 60 would be considered good for a beginner. Sub 35 you are getting into pretty high level fitness.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
I have an old tire that I flip, toss and hit with an 8 pound sledge. It is just a medium truck tire, so it is a bit light to flip. So I alternate one-handed flips, and just do more reps. It is light enough to throw over my head with two hands. The tire was free, and I already had the hammer.

Block

WKR
Not a full workout,,, but Iv been adding 500-1000 pushups to my DAILY workout (except on chest and shoulder day) pretty easy to knock out 10 or 20 sets of 50 between your other sets. Gets you an insane upper body pump on back or bicep day.

My best advice for anyone with your workouts. Don’t touch ur phone! Haha I struggle with that at times but it kills ur pump.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I did the stone glacier weighted pack workout at the park yesterday, that was a good one.

I did a snowshoe walk in the woods the day before that, nothing very strenuous but got 23k steps in according to my iPhone.

fatlander

WKR
I did the stone glacier weighted pack workout at the park yesterday, that was a good one.

I did a snowshoe walk in the woods the day before that, nothing very strenuous but got 23k steps in according to my iPhone.

You Alaskans are something else! 10 mile walks in the woods would be end of the world scenario for a lot of people in the lower 48 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I’ve been doing a lot of chins ups. I have used them as an accessory movement for the last several years, typically once a week, sometimes twice, at the end of the workout. Since it one of the more stressful movements I can do at home, I have been doing them 3-4x a week, adding 5 reps to each workout. I’ll do 2 initial max effort sets and then start doing 3 reps with a few seconds rest and then another 2 reps. I’ll keep that 3/2 scheme up until I hit my number for the day. Currently at 80. 100 with an initial max effort set of 20 seems very doable without dealing with the stress of heavy barbell movements.

Also been enjoying pendulum KB cleans, KB snatches, double KB squats, & double KB RDLs.

Since the available stress is limited, thinking much more hypertrophy and doing movements in 10x10 rep schemes and similar with minimal rest. Been doing Elevated pushups to make pushups more stressful.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You Alaskans are something else! 10 mile walks in the woods would be end of the world scenario for a lot of people in the lower 48 lol.

mad an added bonus, I usually find a good amount of chaga when I go on those walks and that stuff is awesome for the immune system so I get some exercise, get out of the house, and come back with something that will keep me from getting sick.

Leg Blasters can kick your ass. Work up, and keep time between sets short once you get used to them. Work great for skiing, bet they'll be a big help for the mountains this fall.

Mountain Tactical includes the mini leg blasters on their Backcountry Hunting plan, but with a 25# dumbbell in each hand. They are a butt-kicker!

OP
O
Not a full workout,,, but Iv been adding 500-1000 pushups to my DAILY workout (except on chest and shoulder day) pretty easy to knock out 10 or 20 sets of 50 between your other sets. Gets you an insane upper body pump on back or bicep day.

My best advice for anyone with your workouts. Don’t touch ur phone! Haha I struggle with that at times but it kills ur pump.

I have tried doing that but end up getting repetitive stress on my joints. You don't get that?

OP
O
I’ve been doing a lot of chins ups. I have used them as an accessory movement for the last several years, typically once a week, sometimes twice, at the end of the workout. Since it one of the more stressful movements I can do at home, I have been doing them 3-4x a week, adding 5 reps to each workout. I’ll do 2 initial max effort sets and then start doing 3 reps with a few seconds rest and then another 2 reps. I’ll keep that 3/2 scheme up until I hit my number for the day. Currently at 80. 100 with an initial max effort set of 20 seems very doable without dealing with the stress of heavy barbell movements.

Also been enjoying pendulum KB cleans, KB snatches, double KB squats, & double KB RDLs.

Since the available stress is limited, thinking much more hypertrophy and doing movements in 10x10 rep schemes and similar with minimal rest. Been doing Elevated pushups to make pushups more stressful.

Try adding single leg RDLs and Turkish getups.

OP
O
I dug out my GSP Rush workout DVDs. Good thing I never threw out my player.

The explosive power one is a butt kicker.

Block

WKR
I have tried doing that but end up getting repetitive stress on my joints. You don't get that?

Not from the push-ups no,,,. I was overdoing it on the pull ups (20 sets of 15) + not spacing bicep and back days enuf and was gettin bothered by the old “tendinitis” or “tennis elbow” a bit

Poser

WKR
Try adding single leg RDLs and Turkish getups.

I was doing single leg RDLs when this whole CV thing started, but they don’t feel quite as stressful since, in order to stand on one leg, you have to bend the knee slightly, which takes some stress off the hamstring and puts it in the quad. I perceive that I get a little more posterior chain stress doing then with both legs.

TGU: I just get so bored with that movement. With my heaviest KB being 53#, it’s not very heavy for me. I don’t know... I’ve always considered it to be way overrated. A lot of people swear by it and I’ve tried them off and on over the years with little more than a “meh” response. It looks cool, but it’s doesn’t feel very stressful to me and mentally, I can’t make myself do more than 20 of them at a time. I guess I could get fancy and work on a double TGU, but this working out at home business will have to go on for some time before I get that desperate.

Elkshape.com is one of my favorite resources. Check out 90 days to freedom workout program. Also heard Dan will be releasing 20 for 20 soon which is 20 workouts that take 20 minutes.

jmez

WKR
"Zachary Tellier" WOD

For time :
10 burpees

10 burpees
25 push ups

10 burpees
25 push ups
50 lunges

10 burpees