COVID point creep

With things opening back up this year will point creep increase more than normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
With things opening back up this year will point creep increase more than normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I imagine quite a few people stayed put or didn't go too crazy with out of state hunts.

Add to the insanity with the MT legislature people worried about being screwed over by new laws.

j_volt

WKR
Stimulus checks ought to just be endorsed to state game agencies for points/licenses. Creep isn't slowing down anytime soon.

ndayton

WKR
Yes. I imagine quite a few people stayed put or didn't go too crazy with out of state hunts.

Add to the insanity with the MT legislature people worried about being screwed over by new laws.
I think a lot of hunters though this then applied thinking they would have better odds of drawing hunts because people were opting out. I know one hunt that in a normal year I should have drawn saw a 245% increase in applications for 2020. I believe this will be the new normal until tag cost become to much for the average hunter or the economy tanks and there isn't a stimulus or generous unemployment to fund someone's recreation adventures.

sasquatch

WKR
I think a lot of hunters though this then applied thinking they would have better odds of drawing hunts because people were opting out. I know one hunt that in a normal year I should have drawn saw a 245% increase in applications for 2020. I believe this will be the new normal until tag cost become to much for the average hunter or the economy tanks and there isn't a stimulus or generous unemployment to fund someone's recreation adventures.

Votes would be lost then. I don’t see reality happening in our system and economy anytime soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fatcamp

WKR
Add $6 an hour gas to those tag costs, fellas! Ammo for practice will be a car payment by the time October is here. Gonna be a pricey year.

SD allowed people to turn tags back in and reissued them to me and some lucky others. All those people will be back. Never heard the total, but it was a pile.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon spring bear applications increased by 5k this year.. Almost 40% more than last year. Just for bear. I can't imagine what our deer/elk/antelope draw will look like this year. Yes, I think point creep will be even higher this year than last year.