Covid questions for alaska fall hunts

Timeee123

Lil-Rokslider
have any non residents been to ak for hunting or fishing yet this "fall". Im finding it difficult to find a place that tests covid and has results back in 72 hrs.

What happens if you get there and results are not back?
Whats considered self quarantine? Is going strait to hunting camp considered quarantine?

Any info would be appreciated, the AK visitor page isn't very detailed.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
its all a little inconvenient but guys are coming and going already for 'bou and fishing. So far guys have used the airport. Ive heard of one other company that is getting results fast. I'll share the contact when i have it.

Quarantine includes avoiding contact with your pilot too, unfortunately.

most guys are doing the hotel quarantine.

I'll ask the guys coming in tomorrow and headed out for info to see what they are doing. stand by...

OP
T

Timeee123

Lil-Rokslider
How about Juneau. Im going from there to haines. Any ideas?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The info i got is that you only have to bring proof that you are waiting on test results, so if you cant get airport or other test results within 72 hours that's okay, you just need to be tested within 72 hours. The Steese MC might be the best option for less hassle.

Pilots are just asking for "covid compliance" yes or no...

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ethel Lund Medical center- junaeu

junaeu VA center outpatient clinic

Front street clinic

all have covid testing and fast results.

AKBorn

WKR
have any non residents been to ak for hunting or fishing yet this "fall". Im finding it difficult to find a place that tests covid and has results back in 72 hrs.

What happens if you get there and results are not back?
Whats considered self quarantine? Is going strait to hunting camp considered quarantine?

Any info would be appreciated, the AK visitor page isn't very detailed.

Check out the Moose and Caribou threads on those sobforums here, this issue is discussed in detail, lots of guys in the same boat.

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back. I went with results pending. They wanted me to retest upon arrival, but I quarantined at my parent's house instead. I didn't get results back for 13 days which was ridiculous. They changed the requirements shortly after we got there. My parents did their 14 day retest in Soldotna and got results within 10 minutes from a state approved lab.

OP
T

Timeee123

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back. I went with results pending. They wanted me to retest upon arrival, but I quarantined at my parent's house instead. I didn't get results back for 13 days which was ridiculous. They changed the requirements shortly after we got there. My parents did their 14 day retest in Soldotna and got results within 10 minutes from a state approved lab.
Well that pretty much dicks you over on a 10 day hunt might as well eat your money and not go

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I could have just retaken a test upon arrival and got results back within the day. I felt it wasn't necessary as we stayed away from everyone other than the sockeye.
Now you must have a negative test before you get on the plane.