Cow decoy for early archery goats

Looking for some insight from someone who has used cow decoys from Montana decoy co. for early season archery antelope. I'll be out once on the first week of season thought maybe this would be a good way to help spot and stalk. I've used buck decoys in the rut just curious on the effectiveness on this technique.

NYSKIER

WKR
Good luck from afar bad luck from under 100 yards was my experience although I've read of other guys getting really close. If you have a hill to hide behind and are just trying to get set for the shot it may help you out enough. Those goats are really curious sometimes

I used a homemade one to get my daughter in close for her New Mexico antelope a couple years ago. Worked great for us we didn't walk right at him but slowly angled towards him got to 90 yards when she shot, but probably could have gotten closer. Have buddies who have used the Montana decoy moo cow and consistently have archery success with it.

Attachments

• tan lope.jpg
    tan lope.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 25

Gumbo

WKR
I wouldn't waste your money. Just go spot and stalk prairie ninja style, or if you are into blind hunting do that too. Stalking isn't as hard as you'd expect and is a lot of fun. Throwing up a decoy of any kind is kind of an all-in move and has never worked for me, but I pretty much gave up on it long ago. On the other hand, I've had consistent success being patient, staying hidden, and waiting for the goats to make a mistake.