Cow Elk Resources

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
I did a quick search but only went 5 pages in so forgive me if this has been addressed...Anyone reccomend any good books / DVD's / resources specific to COW elk hunting? Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Jaquomo

WKR
Cow elk hunting is elk hunting. The "when" is more important than the "how". You can call them in with lost calf calls and herd conversation, sometimes they will come to bugles during the rut, but mainly they just do what elk do as the conditions and season timing dictate.

I once called a herd of 24 cows off a private ranch for a woman I was guiding during late rifle season. I struck up a conversation with the lead cow, and talked them all the way in. Another time I (we) "called" in a lone cow for my now-wife who heard us crunching through snow and ran out of the timber to us, thinking we were a herd.

Learn about elk hunting and you will learn how to hunt cows.

OP
N

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the response. This will be year 3 in the elk woods for me, I’m a little late to the elk hunting party. I tend to overthink things, too so good to know elk hunting is elk hunting basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
Get yourself the ElkNut Mobile App, It will have a variety of Tactics & sounds that have a high percentage of targeting Cows over Bulls & vice versa! It will have both Written Instruction & Videos of it all. It will go over the needed sounds & you can hear them & Record your sounds right on the App so you can see where you may need to polish things up. It will help you immensely! Good luck!

ElkNut

OP
N

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you Paul! I found info about your app in another thread during my initial search and downloaded. Thanks for a great resource! I appreciate the response also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
You bet! It will be all you need! The info in there is well proven, study it like you mean it & you will be good to go!

ElkNut