Cow Elk Unit 270 Montana

Good evening all!

My Wife and I live in Stevensville MT. My wife is on her 4th year of hunting and has yet to fill a tag. We have been close several times but have not quite made all the stars align. This year she drew the cow tag for north of Rye creek in unit 270 Montana. We have been out this year already but have stayed exclusively south of Rye Creek looking for bulls. We are very familiar with 270 south of Rye creek, but don’t know any hot spots north of Rye Creek. Does anyone have any friendly suggestions for spots to find cows north of Rye Creek? Thanks all.

Rick M.

WKR
Dude… with all due respect, no one is going to give your their “hot spot”, and even asking is pretty frowned upon. Give the local biologist a call and have some questions prepared. Let them know what you’ve already tried. They will likely get you pointed in the right direction.

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
Wait, you *live* in MT and are asking the internet for advice? Man.. I have to drive out 16 hours from MN and figure it out when I get there. You can do this!

I know the area well. What he’s asking isn’t that big of a deal really. I would expect any answers to be sent to him via PM. But it’s not a “spot burner” question. 270 is huge and VERY diverse from designated wilderness to lots of private land and residential.

dbeatty65

FNG
Dude… with all due respect, no one is going to give your their “hot spot”, and even asking is pretty frowned upon. Give the local biologist a call and have some questions prepared. Let them know what you’ve already tried. They will likely get you pointed in the right direction.
Yes Rebecca is helpful and very NICE