Coyote Hunting in Cleveland Nation Forest

I've really been scouting CNF for the past few weekends for a location to hunt coyote. Most of the area is heavy thick bush. Anyone know or can recommend some good spots? I know most don't want to give away their spots but if they can point me to a good location to start that would be great, thanks!

Not trying to put you off but pretty much everything in CNF is pretty hush hush. It's heavily pressured for about everything. But my best recommendation is to use your map app to look for flat ground. If you have a side by side or a moto you're going to be in luck for some good spots.

TheGDog

WKR
They are in there. (And Mountain Lions, and Bobcats, and Grey Fox ) But for yotes I've personally only seen them in there where NF borders up against private properties. My assumption is because of the easier access to water.

Also some of those very small slices of actual public land which border the 74 here and there, you may be able to call one in, in one of those, if it's the super early morning... because sometimes those pieces may have a drainage pipe beside the road to prevent travelling water from creating erosion when it rains. The thing of it is... dew collects on the cool concrete surfaces of them sometimes and drips down and thus creates a lil tiny puddle of water at the bottom of the tube for a lil bit in the dawn before the sun comes up and everything heats up. So you might catch a glimpse of a Doe or a yote getting jumped outta those ditches due to getting nervey about hearing your vehicle approaching.

Long story shorter... it's just plain harder to do in there. Because of the limited vehicle access, and thick terrain. Doesn't mean you can't make it happen. Just understand that it may take an extreme amount of persistence, and a darn lot of hike-in. And it's highly unlikely anyone is going to give you any direction.. because the pickin's are slim. Remember... in terms of deer... it's THEE lowest ranked success-rate zone in the entire state!

I've managed to take 3 Mule Deer and 1 Bobcat from D15 so far. And it is NOT! freakin easy.

TheGDog

WKR
I've really been scouting CNF for the past few weekends
P.S. Do you NOT see the irony of this sentence?

"I've really been scouting" ... "for the past _FEW_ weekends"

Just systematically and methodically keep scouting more and more areas. You'll see sign from them all over the place. Even so... still doesn't mean that when you call they will be there to come in that particular day.

Try not to get down on yourself for not connecting. Say to yourself at least I got to get out from within these 4 walls. Ya know? It really does help change your perspective and outlook when you remind yourself of that.