COYOTE Hunting near area you hunt

Thinking about hunting coyotes (a few miles away) near an area I hunt desert muleys.... late spring/early summer. Good idea? Or nah?

TexEnv700

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think it hurts anything. I coyote hunt areas I hunt whitetails to help the fawn crop. Probably wouldn't be a good idea during deer season though.

OP
P
I don't think it hurts anything. I coyote hunt areas I hunt whitetails to help the fawn crop. Probably wouldn't be a good idea during deer season though.
Thanks for your input! Would stop coyote hunting well before archery season.

Block

WKR
Iv strayed away from hunting chukar in some of my deer spots not wanting to add pressure.,. But would not and have not hesitated to call/kill coyotes in those same canyons. I don’t think calling from a low roller is guna do much to scare ur deer. Obviously don’t do it close to season.

Tbeck

FNG
I’m an avid coyote hunter. I’ve had more deer come to the call to see what’s going on than I have leave the area. I will call coyotes in the midday downtime during a hunt. I see zero issue calling where you hunt.

I too have had deer come right in when calling. I had a younger buck come flying in once to raccoons fight sound on my FoxPro. Kinda caught me off guard. It’s not like if you do call one in there will be lots of shooting

I’m an avid coyote hunter. I’ve had more deer come to the call to see what’s going on than I have leave the area. I will call coyotes in the midday downtime during a hunt. I see zero issue calling where you hunt.

I’m with you on this stance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about this the other day. My brother is going with me this year on his first hunt and doesn't have a tag so I was thinking of making some midday yote stands with the chance that he could shoot something.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Usually go together around here. Coyote hunting turns to deer scouting/hunting and deer hunting turns to coyote hunting once one is spotted.

TheGDog

WKR
RE: They coming in to see what's going on... which sounds are you using (besides Fawn Bleats of course) that have seemed to work in attracting the Muleys in to the caller?