Coyote mounts? Let's see em!

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys! I'm just wondering if you have any cool or unique way of mounting coyotes. Life size, rugs, shoulder mounts? I realize coyotes are a fairly basic animal but just sorta think theyd be a cool addition to a trophy room. What's your thoughts and opinions? Any and all pictures appreciated! Thanks!

Filled one with great stuff one time for a decoy. That's about the extent of my coyote mounting experience. No pictures but looked like a Weiner dog.

Bcleck90

WKR
If you trap any I’ve always thought it would be cool to mount one in a foot trap also. I like seeing coyote mounts too and if you google them you can get some good ideas.

johnsd16

WKR
My dog will mount about anything but he’s never had a crack at a coyote, yet. Can’t say much he does is cool or unique either, pretty straight up.

For taxidermy, good poses seem to be few and far between and taxidermists that can do a really good coyote that is worth the $400++ you’ll be paying are even more scarce. The poses that have them snarling or howling seem to turn out worse more often. If it is a really pretty one, just a nice relaxed standing pose shows off the coat better than sitting, laying or arching the back. I’ve seen some pretty cool ones where the yote is tripping a rabbit or jumping at a pheasant and if done right look pretty cool.

OP
M

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for you input guys! I'm not for sure what I'm gonna do I'm just trying to come up with ways to spent all my extra money! (laugh laugh) Now really tho I just kinda think coyotes are cool and don't see them displayed much, possibly cause there so dime a dozen. Still looking for more pics. I don't have any to post but I'm sure there's more out there.

OP
M

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! My taxidermist had one shoulder mounted on a wall pedistal that looked super cool but I'm just trying to decide how much money it's worth putting into a yote. I've got a bear rug on the way from this spring and not sure if I want another rug or something more exotic? Due to limited funds I'd like to make my moves count.

I like to just case skin them. Get them tanned and you can hang several together. To me it's like a dead mount. pelts-1125x1500.jpg

Have several like this around. Can put 3-4 of them together on a stick or something and it's like an old trappers lot going to the buyer.

lak2004

WKR
This is giving me some ideas for my dog once he croaks....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Here is my Coyote mount, couldn't have been happier.
View attachment 110877
View attachment 110878

That is absolutely awesome, both the coloring of the yote and the quality of the taxidermy work. Really like the sneaky slinking pose too. All around outstanding there. I dont believe that we have black yotes where i live, never heard of them being here, but if washington ever gets its head out of its ass and opens up a wolf season, id love to whack a black wolf and have it mounted in that same pose, nice and creepy, like something out of an old fairy tale.