Coyote Scat on Wall?

hominid4

FNG
Hello. We live in a subdivision in southern California (Temecula), we'll see (and hear) a coyote from time to time trotting along the road, crossing the street, etc. Our house is on a through street, and last night we heard a commotion in our backyard as if something was climbing over our wood side fence. I went out and didn't see anything, but this morning I found some scat on top of our cement back wall that's along the road. The wall is around 8-10" wide and about 5.5' tall, and the scat is about 4". Could this possibly be a coyote? And if so, why would it balance on the wall and do his business? I've attached some pictures of it. Thanks for any help!
scat-4715.jpgscat-4708.jpgscat-4710.jpgscat-4714.jpg

Anozira

WKR
In my neighborhood the coyotes use the fences as "highways" to move about the area quickly. I suspect they are peering into the yards looking for an easy meal. I almost lost a Lab pup this spring to a coyote that jumped down and attempted to dine and dash before "mom" sprung into action.

IMG_9171.JPGIMG_9169.JPG

OP
H

hominid4

FNG
Oh dang! Sorry to hear, glad momma dog was there! Ah, makes sense about using the walls that way, didn't think about that. Looking it's a good chance that is coyote scat on the wall. I'll keep a lookout for them. Thanks for the info.