Coyote trapping

joe#

FNG
Never trapped before but looking to try my luck. Anyone suggest any good books or instructional videos. I’ve looked around I guess it’s like everything else everyone has there ways.

Voyageur

WKR
Hoof Beats of a Wolfer by Craig O'Gorman. Arguably the best coyote trapping book in print.
As far as DVDs, Combines and Coyotes by Randy Smith is hard to beat.
Third year results for me coyote trapping with the above mentioned material. Good luck in your pursuit!
View attachment 236673
My suggestion as well. Craig is a trapper who writes books on the side, not a writer who happens to trap.

WKR
Hoof Beats of a Wolfer by Craig O'Gorman. Arguably the best coyote trapping book in print.
Third year results for me coyote trapping with the above mentioned material. Good luck in your pursuit!
View attachment 236673
You're gonna need a bigger barn.

WCB

WKR
First...don't over think it. I recommend watching some of Tom Miranda's old videos....doesn't do much coyote stuff but fox are the same basic principles. I like them because they are basic...to the point and don't try to over explain/branch off too much.

I'll second the O'Gorman book. Cletis Richards put out quite possibly the most well-made DVD I've seen, I believe its Called Coyotes in Agriculture. Something to that effect.

There are 1000 ways to do, like you said, everyone is different. Being where the coyotes are is #1. Youtube has some fairly decent videos as well.

View attachment 236673
What a labor of love right there. Impressive, and good looking fur to boot. Tight chains!

Book by Pete and Ron Leggett is a good one too.

There are tons of methods and they all work. Stick to the basic principals and adapt what works best in your terrain.

Bed solid, 9” back and 3” offset.
Location, location, location!