CPAP for backpacking

I was just curious if any of you guys are unfortunate to have sleep apnea, and still love to hunt? I'm in good shape and hunt pretty much everything here in CO, however I can only go a few days back packed in, before I start to feel the effects on not using a CPAP. For those of you guys who hunt out of a backpack do you use a CPAP? If so, which ones or do you have any recommendations?

thank you.

PNWGATOR

WKR
This might help:

JoeDirt

WKR
Lots of different types of sleep Apnea and causes?

Depending on types there are little things you can do to help. Joe Rogan has talked about a mouth piece he uses. Normally mouth pieces do not work with severe Apnea but I guess the one he uses does.

I have obstructive, I lost some weight, sleep on my side. I guess there are ways you can move you head and jaw before you sleep that also helps. Im not sure where my obstruction is but I plan on changing insurance companies and trying a mouth piece.

Opah

WKR
I have had sever sleep apnea foe many years now and have used several different CPAP machines with very little success. I now have to but a new mattress every other year or so because I have been conditioned to sleep on the edge of the mattress to keep the hose from tangling.
Well to get to the point at home and out hunting I use nasal spray as I lay down to open my sinus's, I also use the nose strips and I really try to sleep on my back.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I backpack hunt. My apnea isnt terrible and i can sleep ok without cpap at home if need be but the first few days at elevation seem to exacerbate it. So i bought the attached gear. Resmed Air Mini and Medistrom batteries. Air Mini is 11oz and batteries are 20 oz each. A battery will last 3 nights at 5-6 hrs sleep. Total setup is 3lb 12 oz with hose and mask. Less with only one battery. The Air Mini is considerably louder than your normal machine but it is tolerable for me. You can charge batteries with a solar charger too. Binoculars for size reference.20200513_190954.jpg

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Opah,
Do you have a hose holder that anchors between your mattress and box spring and holds hose over your head? I found mine to be a savior for a belly sleeper.

I use a Zquiet mouthpiece for backpack trips. It works about 80% as well as my CPAP. Basically you pay a shipping/ handling fee of $9.95 to try it. If it doesn’t work for you, you send it back and that is all you owe.

Opah

WKR
No hose holder, I did give up on it a ways back, sooner or later I will need to get back to it.
Tired of always being tired, should go back and get a newer, smaller, quiter one with a hose holder
and cleaner for it