CPW is now virtue signaling

The message in the original post is just plain rude, condescending, and annoying.

The message is:

.......You are a stupid person, I'm smarter than you so I will explain what a leash is for.

You and your dog are no longer part of the natural world, you shouldn't even be out here messing up all the nuts and twigs. But since you have no regard for nature, I will spell it out to you. And why not try being a good human (like me, vegan latte drinker) for once.....if that's not asking too much.............

All they had to do was advise dog owners to be responsible for their dogs in the back country, and maybe inform them that dog owners are going to be held responsible for damage done by off-leash dogs, to include A, B, and C.

But oh no, some little twit decided it was an opportunity to poke all of us in the eye. It's a sign of the younger 'woke' generation who think they know it all, and their disdain for just about anyone enjoying themselves in the outdoors.

Last edited:
The message in the original post is just plain rude, condescending, and annoying.

The message is:

.......You are a stupid person, I'm smarter than you so I will explain what a leash is for.

You and your dog are no longer part of the natural world, you shouldn't even be out here messing up all the nuts and twigs. But since you have no regard for nature, I will spell it out to you. And why not try being a good human (like me, vegan latte drinker) for once.....if that's not asking too much.............

All they had to do was advise dog owners to be responsible for their dogs in the back country, and maybe inform them that dog owners are going to be held responsible for damage done by off-leash dogs, to include A, B, and C.

But oh no, some little twit decided it was an opportunity to poke all of us in the eye. It's a sign of the younger 'woke' generation who think they know it all, and their disdain for just about anyone enjoying themselves in the outdoors.

I completely disagree. The entitlement of dog owners across the board is asinine. For every member of the "woke" generation that you speak of, there is equally some entitled old fart letting their dog crap all over the place and bother everyone else. I've learned that with dog owners, there are the young folks who "dont know the rules" and then there are the older folks who think they know everything and therefore "the rules dont apply to them." Therefore you have an awesome combo where you have a few people in the middle who do follow the rules and get punished for the lack of care and common sense followed by the rest. Its really simple, keep your dog on a leash where they are supposed to and you wont have any "stupid posts" like the one you speak of.

The woke vegan latte generation is as annoying of a thing as I could ever think of, but blaming dog issues on them is just straight ridiculous. Dog owners are largely naive to how much of an annoyance they are with their dogs which has been highlighted in this thread. Keep your doggie's sweater on...keep pushing them in your little doggie stroller while your wife yells at you and keep the dog where it is supposed to be on a leash and we arent having any of this conversation.

One last thing...memo to dog owners...please stop taking the time to pick up your dog crap, put it in one of those little crap baggies, and then set it down next to the trail leaving it behind for everyone else to have to deal with. This makes zero sense to me? Why dont you dog owners actually pick up after your dog instead of putting the crap in a bag and then leaving it right next to where your dog crapped? I see this all the time and it baffles me. Right up with cigarette smokers who chuck their lung darts out the window. Pick up after your damn dog (that means taking the little doggie crap bag with you) and keep them on a leash. Then you wont have to worry about any "highly offensive posts" which so easily "trigger" people like Montana Marine

Last edited:
^^^ That's fine, you're welcome to disagree.

I'm all for responsible dog ownership. My beef was the smarmy and condescending tone toward dog owners by CPW in their message. It's unprofessional, but seems more and more like an attitude pervasive in the forest and park service employees.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
I completely disagree. The entitlement of dog owners across the board is asinine. For every member of the "woke" generation that you speak of, there is equally some entitled old fart letting their dog crap all over the place and bother everyone else.
LOL, what do you mean "crap all over?" I'm guilty of that when I'm letting my dog crap where every he pleases. I don't have any control over that, LOL!!!! I do however pick it up unless I am on a trail where I kick it off to the side, or I'll pick it up if it's on the sidewalk, someone's yard etc. Guilty as charged!!! LOL. Bother everyone else? If that means approaching people, while wagging his tail, until I call him back, Yep, that's me. Guilty again!!! LOL
I've learned that with dog owners, there are the young folks who "dont know the rules" and then there are the older folks who think they know everything and therefore "the rules dont apply to them."
RULES, RULES, RULES!! What are these rules? Are they written down for all to see? Are they "YOUR" Rules?
Therefore you have an awesome combo where you have a few people in the middle who do follow the rules and get punished for the lack of care and common sense followed by the rest..
How do they get punished? Are they whipping boys for the "entitled dog owners"?
Its really simple, keep your dog on a leash where they are supposed to and you wont have any "stupid posts" like the one you speak of.
OK.....Now we are getting somewhere. Keep your dog on a leash where required by law or regulation? I do that...…...
The woke vegan latte generation is as annoying of a thing as I could ever think of, but blaming dog issues on them is just straight ridiculous..
Your reading comprehension and writting, could use some work. Dog owners are annoyed, myself included because of the condescending way the CPW statement was written.
Dog owners are largely naive to how much of an annoyance they are with their dogs which has been highlighted in this thread. Keep your doggie's sweater on...keep pushing them in your little doggie stroller while your wife yells at you and keep the dog where it is supposed to be on a leash and we arent having any of this conversation.
It's tough to have a conversation with you, because of your poor job of defending your views.
One last thing...memo to dog owners...please stop taking the time to pick up your dog crap, put it in one of those little crap baggies, and then set it down next to the trail leaving it behind for everyone else to have to deal with.
This flabbergasts me as well!! I thought people just did this in San Diego!! I think people think there is some fair dog poop picker upper. Or the bag is biodegradable and the bag and poop just vanish overnight? Just dumbfounding to me!!. me? see this all the time and it baffles me. However, when I am on the trail I kick my dog's poop off the trail, and I am positive this is the most heinous thing a dog owner can do. Oh, the humanity!!
Right up with cigarette smokers who chuck their lung darts out the window.
That's pretty annoying as well. Why aren't people accountable? Why are so many people, so sensitive about what other people do?

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I looked up the definition of "virtue signaling".......and IMO we could use more organizations and people doing some virtue signaling, because we've certainly seen way too much of the opposite happening over the last decade for sure. it's time to make a turn for the better for our nation and our society. While I agree that we shouldn't "have to" signal virtue to others.......it's pretty obvious that we definitely need it these days because too many people were obviously raised without parents, so it's now society's job to do that training up.

Okhotnik

WKR
You can see how much interest my dog has in elk when I hike with her

9eoTQBH.jpg

I looked up the definition of "virtue signaling".......and IMO we could use more organizations and people doing some virtue signaling, because we've certainly seen way too much of the opposite happening over the last decade for sure. it's time to make a turn for the better for our nation and our society. While I agree that we shouldn't "have to" signal virtue to others.......it's pretty obvious that we definitely need it these days because too many people were obviously raised without parents, so it's now society's job to do that training up.
View attachment 157823View attachment 157826View attachment 157828
I like putting pictures up of my scouting partners. Have a good night 👍View attachment 157827a

OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
The only thing hurt in this picture were @805Bowhunter 's feelings. To the best of my knowledge, not a crime.

Its neither the governments job, nor their place to push their personal values on their citizens, be it political, religious, social, etc...as us the case with CPW leadership lately.

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know what it means, but know enough not to bother looking it up.
Virtue signaling is what you see dominating social media these days.

Posting (signaling) about causes you believe are important (virtuous).

The problem comes when people talk the talk, but don't actually walk the walk (looking at the 'green' crowd real hard.)

Lowndes

FNG
The only thing hurt in this picture were @805Bowhunter 's feelings. To the best of my knowledge, not a crime.

Its neither the governments job, nor their place to push their personal values on their citizens, be it political, religious, social, etc...as us the case with CPW leadership lately.

What do you think laws are?

Lowndes

FNG
View attachment 157990

You ever heard of religious freedom, how about socio-economical freedom, just to name a few. Just a few of the freedoms we enjoy here in the good ole US of A.

Yes - question stands. There are things the government is prohibited from regulating, correct (actually the government can regulate them it is just a different standard). Not sure what they have to do with your initial comment and my response though.

Lowndes

FNG
They regulate what you and can't do by definition. It's different than guilt tripping.

I would argue that an organization should seek change by informing the public and seeking their assistance in changing behavior as a first resort. If that doesn’t work then enact laws but that should be a last resort.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

"Virtue - behavior showing high moral standards."

It's everyone's responsibility including our government's to signal and encourage high moral standards. Someone has to these days, because our society is seriously lacking in this regard. So I don't care where it comes from.........just so it comes. When parents fail in this, or flat out refuse to do their job as parents, then they defer that responsibility to everyone else.......society, government, and wherever else that it needs to come from as necessary to raise up and teach those neglected children and adults.

OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
"Virtue - behavior showing high moral standards."

It's everyone's responsibility including our government's to signal and encourage high moral standards. Someone has to these days, because our society is seriously lacking in this regard. So I don't care where it comes from.........just so it comes. When parents fail in this, or flat out refuse to do their job as parents, then they defer that responsibility to everyone else.......society, government, and wherever else that it needs to come from as necessary to raise up and teach those neglected children and adults.

Yeah, have fun letting big government raise and instil virtue in your kids. I'll pass.

Last edited:
I know plenty of recent college graduates. They kick ass.

Then again I thought this was about dogs. Started out with 11.

0D7A273B-374F-444E-8017-44289EBE1306.jpeg