CPW - Nov Agenda - Proposing Big Game changes & other info

Elk
• Limiting archery elk licenses in Game Management Units 14, 214, 80, and 81.
———————————————————————————-

Knew this was going to happen when they changed all those SW Colorado GMUs to draw from OTC. 80 and 81 remained OTC for archery and are closer to the Central US Southwestern States (Texas), so it made a shorter drive for them. So they all piled into 80 & 81.

The trail bike riders tearing up the trails that we supposed to be horseback or hiker only was out of control. That ticket needs to jump up to $2,500 to $7,500 tickets, $7,500 if on a trail during hunting season.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
I think the way NM does it isn't a terrible idea. Two separate archery seasons. Make them all draw but with left over ones to hit whatever arbitrary number the CPW decides is appropriate.

One for the first half and one for the second and then a separate muzzle loader season.

I also prefer a straight lottery to the point system but I'm probably in the minority there.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I sent an email and addressed it to every member and the committee email as a whole. I've already gotten three responses and all three agree with me that we don't need a new regulation for archers wearing orange or pink. They're also against raising the compound bow letoff maximum percentage to above 80%. Hopefully more of them are onboard with striking these proposals down.

sndmn11

WKR
I sent an email and addressed it to every member and the committee email as a whole. I've already gotten three responses and all three agree with me that we don't need a new regulation for archers wearing orange or pink. They're also against raising the compound bow letoff maximum percentage to above 80%. Hopefully more of them are onboard with striking these proposals down.

Who wrote back?

sndmn11

WKR
I honestly believe making a mandate for bow hunters to wear orange during ML is going to just have more bow hunters shot. You put the error on the bow hunter not the idiot shooting at a unidentified target. The Bowhunter is not responsible for the idiot shooting at a unidentified target. If the idiots do not see orange, they are going to shoot. I prefer to have other hunters walk right by me and not know I am there than to pin point my location from 100+ yards away. Most bow hunters are not wanting to wear any orange on them. As a bow hunter, I would prefer to see the first week of Archery either share with ML or let ML have the first week of September. Frankly, with all the new modifications to muzzle loading firearms they might as well hunt rifle season.

I absutley agree. When a hunter puts on orange or pink they are conditioning their mind that these are alert safety colors, and training their brain to only look for those. If they do not see those colors their brain doesn't trigger a safety alert and they disregard other information that might signal a safety issue.

Imagine the shit show if for a day we changed red/yellow/green traffic lights to all the same color, but still had stop at the top position, caution in the middle, and go at the bottom.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
I absutley agree. When a hunter puts on orange or pink they are conditioning their mind that these are alert safety colors, and training their brain to only look for those. If they do not see those colors their brain doesn't trigger a safety alert and they disregard other information that might signal a safety issue.

Imagine the shit show if for a day we changed red/yellow/green traffic lights to all the same color, but still had stop at the top position, caution in the middle, and go at the bottom.
Blows my mind that are people that will shoot blindly in to shrubbery without confirming their target.