CPW releases map of potential wolf reintroduction area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laramie

WKR
Peta and the other extreme organizations file lawsuits all the time to shut things down... why don't the residents in Colorado do the same? In my eyes the introduction is illegal for 2 reasons. A confirmed population already exists and the proposed species being introduced is a non native

CCH

WKR
Incorrect, the proper subspecies native to that part of Colorado is Youngi, long exterminated, they are introducing a subspecies that has never been present in this state.

You laughed at my comment above, I’m not sure why. The subspecies of wolf being introduced to that part of Colorado has never lived in the state until now.
Colorado elk are inbred descendants from a small remaining population of elk in Yellowstone. Glad it worked out. As a Colorado resident, I am opposed to general voters going against the wildlife biologists. Did not vote for reintroduction of wolves as at that time wolves were already in the NW corner. Didn’t see the need.

However, I’m also opposed to nitpicking on subspecies, Mountain goats are questionable historical species in many of the areas they’ve been “re” introduced and have some serious ecological impacts. Due to population size and general habits, moose aren’t nearly as impactful, but they are in areas with no record of them. Whitetails keep creeping west across the Rockies and impact mule deer. Where is the hue and cry? For the most part, for most hunters, all is good if you can hunt it and it has hooves. If it competes, not so much.

For the record, I have hunted in “Idaho wolf country” and will take it over “Colorado Over hunted unlimited tag country” any day.

Okhotnik

WKR
No… north eastern minnesota-Arrowhead region was the only spot in the lower 48 that continuously had wolves.
I used to see wolves frequently bow hunting in Wisconsin, and Montana in the 80's, this is just another lie to push the wolf agrenda like wolves only kill the old and sick animals.

wolves are waty over their agreed objective and the states still can't manage them. How did that happen ? lol

Okhotnik

WKR
Colorado elk are inbred descendants from a small remaining population of elk in Yellowstone. Glad it worked out. As a Colorado resident, I am opposed to general voters going against the wildlife biologists. Did not vote for reintroduction of wolves as at that time wolves were already in the NW corner. Didn’t see the need.

However, I’m also opposed to nitpicking on subspecies, Mountain goats are questionable historical species in many of the areas they’ve been “re” introduced and have some serious ecological impacts. Due to population size and general habits, moose aren’t nearly as impactful, but they are in areas with no record of them. Whitetails keep creeping west across the Rockies and impact mule deer. Where is the hue and cry? For the most part, for most hunters, all is good if you can hunt it and it has hooves. If it competes, not so much.

For the record, I have hunted in “Idaho wolf country” and will take it over “Colorado Over hunted unlimited tag country” any day.
in what unit did you hunt?

tdhanses

WKR
I laughed cuz wolves are native to North America and the subspecies is really immaterial in my opinion.
we have always had wolves here in Minnesota and saw my first one shot in 1975 but not by me and nor will I ever hunt wolves.
So Panda’s and Polar bears are pretty much the same then.

I used to see wolves frequently bow hunting in Wisconsin, and Montana in the 80's, this is just another lie to push the wolf agrenda like wolves only kill the old and sick animals.

wolves are waty over their agreed objective and the states still can't manage them. How did that happen ? lol
Big wolf and their agenda...

Clearly there is not agreement on wolves being over the objective.

Big wolf and their agenda...

Clearly there is not agreement on wolves being over the objective.
The Fish and Wildlife Service’s delisting rule called for about 1,100 wolves within the Northern Rocky Mountains, which means Idaho’s population alone would meet the service’s objectives for Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and other states Idaho has enough wolves to meet the federal requirements for the entire Rocky Mtn. recovery zone .So yeah, they are over objective.

tdhanses

WKR
No, those are different species.
Bear is a bear though based on wolf logic. Wonder what the wolf lovers will say when in 10 years the Mexican gray wolf is extinct because of the reintroduction filtering down from CO to NM in time, think there are less then 200 Mexican grays roaming AZ and NM.

svivian

WKR
Bear is a bear though based on wolf logic. Wonder what the wolf lovers will say when in 10 years the Mexican gray wolf is extinct because of the reintroduction filtering down from CO to NM in time, think there are less then 200 Mexican grays roaming AZ and NM.
We let the animals choose what they want to identify as... dont you know that?! you are so insensitive

Laramie

WKR
I don't disagree with that.

But making inaccurate statements as fact doesn't help one's argument.
Strictly discussing management - I guess you either trust the biologists or the politicians and judges. I tend to side with the biologists as they have boots on the ground and are in touch with the actual situations. Politicians and judges are just appealing to voters and money. It seems simple but for some reason there are those that can't see the problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.